Youth Minister Job Description
East 40 is an Independent Christian Church located in Norwich, OH. We minister to the communities of New Concord, Zanesville, Cambridge, and other smaller communities around the area. As such, we have influence and a presence in many of the local school districts, especially in the East Muskingum School District. The Youth Minister at East 40 will be entrusted with the discipleship and care of our existing 6th-12th graders as well as the evangelism and outreach to other area youth.
The Youth Minister position is a full-time 40 hour/week job, working Monday-Thursday and Sundays (adaptable for weeks with weekend youth events or other changes). Salary is negotiable based on skills and years of experience. The youth minister will have a yearly staff review with the senior minister and assessment by the elders. As such, the contract for the youth minister will be renewed annually.
- Must lead a life that is above reproach and is an example for students and other church members
- Able to communicate in a group setting that is relevant to the age and cultural demographic in attendance for the purpose of growing fully devoted disciples of Jesus
- Knowledgeable in social media platforms that are currently being used by High School and Middle School students
- Must be a team player who cares for other staff members and their areas of ministry
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, facilitation skills
- Discernment & administrative gifts
- Ability to initiate creative and innovative approaches to communicate and reveal the Gospel of Christ
- Commitment to professional and personal development (learner)
- Engaged member of East 40 Church of Christ (or willing to become one); supports the beliefs of the church and submits to the leadership established by the church.
- Develop and implement weekly student programming for High School and Middle School, in both large group and small group settings
- Shepherd, lead, disciple, train and empower an army of volunteers, to love and disciple students
- Attend and participate in all appropriate staff meetings and church leadership meetings
- Participate with the staff in community engagement
- Participate in weekend services as needed
- Practice good stewardship with youth ministry expenditures
- Pastor students as evidenced by visiting schools and personal visitations as needed during crisis situations
- Develop, oversee and lead local outreach opportunities
- Lead students on a Summer experience each year (mission trip, CIY, camp, etc)
- Reports directly to the Senior Minister.
Interested – Send a resume to our church secretary, Kristeen Calderhead via email.