Countryside is seeking a leader to inspire students to Love God, Love Others and to Go – engaging their culture as Jesus followers. This adventure would start with building relationships with the 30-35 students and their families, as well as partnering with youth ministry volunteers who have been a part of an effective 14 year youth ministry. Supporting this venture is the team of a youth focused Preaching Minister, four encouraging Elders, and a refreshing church family of about 200, including about 50 Nursery – 5th Grade youth. Countryside is looking for a creative and growing disciple of Christ with the passion to work with this team to lead students to be disciples who make disciples for Jesus.
1. YM will oversee the 6th –12 Grade Youth Ministry, and be in charge of the Jr./Sr. High Youth Team.
2. YM will be responsible to train and recruit teachers and youth workers for the Jr/Sr High and in that way to multiply himself.
3. YM will seek to build relationships with youth and their parents through attending school events Countryside youth are involved in.
4. YM will keep office hours as worked out with the minister and elders.
5. YM will be in charge of Jr/Sr High trips, especially mission trips.
6. YM will work with Harold in other ministries when needed to fill in or help out.
7. The Leadership Team wants YM to have the freedom to be creative, to spark positive change in the Youth Ministry, and to tweak the Youth Ministry to make it more effective.
8. Other duties as assigned
9. YM will take a leading role in the Worship Team alongside the Leader of the Team.
10. YM will keep the Countryside Building Use Schedule.
11. YM will oversee the website and Facebook as well as being a tech consultant. 12. YM will coordinate Nursery – 5th Grade Youth programs.
Education and Experience preferences
Bible college education preferred, but not required
Ministry Experience preferred, but not required
Salary Package – Starting at $35,000 per year for full time position (depending on education and
Contact – Harold Engel, Preaching Minister.