General Job Description: Working with youth in Christian Studies
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Attendance in Sunday Morning worship
Services and Wednesday evening services: Weekly youth meetings on Sunday evenings. One large youth event monthly and one smaller youth event monthly (ie: socializing with youth in youth house with pizza etc.) Planning, preparing and attending youth camp.
Manage youth budget and petty cash.
Coordinate with the bookkeeper in tracking funds in designated and general fund by submitting all receipts in a timely manner. Propose budgeted activities and purchase, with presentation to pastor prior to finalizing.
Discipleship and Outreach
Actively reach out to students with the Gospel. Invest in each student’s life with biblical teaching and application. Maintain open communication with parents and guardians keeping them involved. Invite students and encourage them to invite more youth to attend church in order to reach them with the Gospel. Schedule visitation and outreach activities.
- Comfortable sharing your personal testimony.
- Some experience working with youth is preferred but training is available.
- Must have the ability to prepare lessons and activities.
- All employees of West Broad Street Baptist Church must affirm the church’s Statement of Faith, and the Baptist Faith and Message as a condition of employment.
- Must pass a Background Check