Job Description for Minister of Students
Grades 6 (Tweens) through 12
- Communicating the love of God and this church to them and their families and the development of a comprehensive educational program.
- Must give spiritual guidance to the student plus do outreach to get more involved in the ministry.
- Must have a gift and calling to work with this age group. We are willing to train and mentor the person that is called by Dover Baptist Church.
- Enlist and train volunteers to assist in the ministry as needed. Will be responsible for teaching Sunday School on Sunday morning, Wednesday evening and others time as they see a need for. There will be special activities this minister will set up for outreach and fellowship, on other days.
- Must continue to work on their own spiritual growth; will be supervised by the Senior Pastor.
- Report regularly at the monthly business meeting of the church and meet on a regular basis with the Senior Pastor.
- Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate special activities for students.
- Keep good communication with students and their families and the church.
- Develop and manage a budget for supplies and events.
- Will decide on what resources to use and use The Bible as their main source.
- This is a Southern Baptist Church and the candidate is expected to follow our beliefs and guidelines.
- Must have an effective prayer life and Bible study.
- Serve as the primary leader for the teaching and disciplining of the students who are active in the student ministry.
- Keep good communication with parents. Plan some activities for the parents and students together.
- Make sure this ministry is an integral part of all Dover Baptist Church does and is not isolated.
- Teach missions and even take the youth on a mission trip.
Sign in to Apply
Application closes: September 30, 2021