We currently have a full-time Lead minister, part-time Worship Minister and a part-time secretary. We are looking for someone that is not only passionate about ministry, but that has a passion about reaching into the community and making God known.
- A committed follower of Christ that is continually drawing closer to God through the spiritual disciplines.
- A disciple maker that leads others into a personal relationship with God.
- Someone passionate about making God known, and a strong desire to build bridges into the community.
- An emotionally and relationally mature individual who is prepared for the highs and lows of ministry.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Agreement with the ideals and doctrines normally embraced within the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ.
- Possesses vision, creativity, and enthusiasm to build a ministry to children/students.
- Able to share the Gospel accurately to all age levels.
- Prior experience in leading volunteers, preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a ministry related field from a Christian college, preferred.
This position oversees and leads all ministry to children and students from birth through 12th Grade.
- Weekly Ministry
- Ensure that the regular weekend Children’s Worship Services and midweek programs at MCC are properly supplied and equipped so that the Children/Student Ministry teams can effectively minister to our children/students.
- Oversee the teaching by helping choose curriculum and studies.
- Meet with the Sr. Minister to discuss day to day and long-term planning/needs.
- Volunteer Leadership
- Develop and implement policies for volunteers that includes safety practices, position descriptions, and expectations.
- Recruit volunteers for Children/Student Ministry positions.
- Plan and coordinate a regular training program for all Children/Student Ministry volunteers.
- Observe, evaluate, and affirm volunteers to help them understand their strengths and to encourage them.
- Regularly celebrate and appreciate volunteers.
- Potential to lead future children/student part-time staff.
- Community Connections
- Work with Sr. Minister to plan and prepare events/opportunities designed to connect us to the communities that we are serving in.
- Find ways to volunteer in the community and seek additional opportunities for outreach and service.
- Connect with local schools, nonprofits, and Churches to find ways we can partner with them.
- Work with Sr. Minister to plan and prepare events designed to pull our families together in regular fellowship.
- Communicate with children/students in a way that gets them excited about Living as Faithful Followers of Jesus.
- Communicate with parents regularly about student ministries
- Regularly communicate with the volunteers.
- Be available for both parents and volunteers if they have any questions, suggestions, concerns, etc.
- Communicate with the Church body to get them excited about the mission and vision of our Children/Student Ministries and to help them celebrate in the successes that they make possible.
Salary Very Competitive
- $3,000 Health Savings Account contribution
- Church pays 85% of Health Insurance
- 3% salary match for retirement
- Convention Allowance
- 3 weeks paid vacation
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume through email to: Wes McElravy