– Lead a weekly youth ministry gathering for students in which mentoring, relational development, and strategic biblical instruction take place.
– Work with the church staff to develop a holistic ministry to youth and their parents.
– Lead a Youth Ministry Team of parents, college students, and other volunteers to assist in the overall development of the youth ministry and the growth of youth spiritually. You will meet with this team once a month for planning, feedback and encouragement.
– Provide monthly activities for the purpose of building the relational and “fun” components of the youth ministry, as well as providing the youth an opportunity to invite their friends.
– See that youth are being given individual time with youth leaders.
– Plan and help lead summer mission trips and/or summer youth camp experiences.
– Build relationships with administrators and educators in the school system to facilitate connections with youth and parents.
– Connect with other youth ministers in our area and region for encouragement, support and collaboration.
– Seek to connect the youth and their parents with the larger ministry of Northstar Church through service and involvement.