I. STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
• Daily Schedule – regular office hours shall be kept, with the day beginning with the generally accepted office hours of the church. Two days off per week shall be granted, with the exception of special events, outreaches or group involvement that involves
leadership. (A minimum of forty  hours a week is expected).
• Staff meetings – regular attendance at all staff meetings; prepared to report on ministry activities.
• Accountable directly to the Senior.
• Cooperate fully with the entire staff for the total good of the church.
• Consult Senior Pastor on plans and policies.
II. BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The youth pastor will have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of these areas of ministry.
• Guide the Church in determining a philosophy of youth ministry.
• Set up a balanced program of youth education and ministry within the This includes small groups, mid-week ministries, outreaches, and missions.
• Guide in developing policies and procedures for effective youth ministry.
• Aid in recruiting leadership for youth staff positions.
• Serve as a resource person to provide the impetus for effective youth ministry.
• Give guidance, direction, and training to all youth staff; disciple them for a fruitful ministry.
• Lead, guide, and counsel and parents in personal Christian growth and development.
• Cooperate with the district and denominational youth programs, involving our youth, whenever possible, in the district and sectional activities.
• Constantly evaluate the objective and effectiveness of youth ministry, implementing improvements and changes wherever needed.
• Promote the youth ministry outside the church, taking youth ministry into our schools and community as commanded in Matthew 28:18-20.
• Hospital calling – share with Staff Pastors in ministering to the sick. The scheduling and frequency of this responsibility shall be determined by the Senior Pastor.
• Sunday or special service assistance – assist in serving communion, making announcements, preaching, or other needs during designated service or gatherings.
• Counseling – offer counsel when called
• Develop plan for discovering, recruiting, and training all youth’s This includes continuing training for experienced workers as well as that for new workers.
• Give leadership to all outreach and evangelism efforts with the youth, such as visitation and follow-up of new Christians.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of all youth ministries Suggest needed changes and develop plans for making these changes.
• Prepare a budget to cover all aspects of the church’s ministry to Take responsibility for disbursing all funds.
• Develop special ministry groups such as mission teams, worship teams, etc.
• Serve as a competent counselor for parents and youth.
• Plan and lead events like missions trips, retreats, and conferences for the youth ministries.
• A committed Christian life, living in accordance with the Word of God.
• Agree with the doctrinal statement of the church and be willing to abide by the by-laws of our church constitution.
• Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and teachable.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate with all groups in the scope of his/her ministry.
• Demonstrates a willingness to be a servant.
• A licensed or ordained minister with the Assemblies of God is optimal, or willingness to obtain credentials.
IV. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Be thoroughly and currently informed and experienced in pastoral practices. Have appropriate formal training and practical experience. Continuous training in Bible and human resources.
• The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Council with all reasonable expenses paid.
• The job holder and his spouse will be sent to the annual District Minister’s Institute with all reasonable expenses paid.
• Out of Town Conferences- In addition to District Council and Ministers Institute, pastors will be allowed to attend one out-of town conference per year (as finances allow).
• Local Conference
• Conference time should not be used as vacation time.
• If an employee has a spouse, it will be expected that the spouse be involved in an agreed upon understanding between all parties involved