Youth Ministry Director responsibilities overview:
The Youth Ministry Director welcomes 5th through 12th grade aged youth into meaningful relationships with the TPC family and leads them towards a deep and vibrant walk with Jesus
Christ. He is tasked with executing ministry strategies, running ministry events, teaching, leading discussions, recruiting and equipping volunteers, and building relationships with students and their families.
• A vibrant, living relationship with Jesus
• A servant attitude toward families and staff with a passion and love for youth
• Ability to clearly and winsomely teach God’s Word
• A team player as well as a self–starter who can follow through on tasks
• Organizational and planning experience
• Able to work flexible hours congruent with the schedules of students
• Relational skills necessary to recruit and sustain ministry volunteers
• Agreement with TPC’s doctrines and values, and agreement to become a church member
o Promote a loving, welcoming, challenging, and fun community for growth in grace
o Faithfully pursue students by investing time individually in their lives by going to their
schools, extra–curricular events, one–to–one meetings, etc.
o Develop relationships with the parents of the students
o Recruit, equip and encourage adult volunteers to love and disciple students
o Teach scripture from a Reformed theological perspective with a shepherd’s heart.
o Develop a hunger for scripture within the lives of the students
o Humbly engage students with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through grace and love
o Encourage youth to participate in the regularly scheduled worship services and in other
facets of the life of the church, including music ministry, children’s ministry, set up and tear
o Equip and coach volunteers/ assistants
o Oversee and plan large group gatherings, small groups, Sunday school, social events,
service projects, retreats, conferences, and mission trips
o Prepares quarterly ministry calendars and monthly detailed plans
o Provide regular communication to parents, students, and volunteers through email, text,
social media etc.
o Maintain up–to–date student information
o Operate within the youth ministry budget
o Attend weekly staff meetings
o Meet bi–weekly with the Executive Pastor
o Collaborate with the Children’s Ministry Director
o Perform other ministry duties assigned to the staff by the executive pastor
Hours: 20hrs/week (part–time)
Salary & Benefits: $20,800/year, and an awesome work environment!