Accountabilities & Working Relationship
1. All Ministers are accountable to God.
2. The Youth Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor on a regular basis for all cooperative activities.
3. The Youth Pastor is accountable to the ACBC Church Council and the Youth Ministry Steering Committee leadership.
Responsibilities of Youth Pastor
A. General Responsibilities
1. Must be willing to defer to The Baptist Faith and Message, adopted by the Southern Baptist convention in 1963 and revised in 2000, to the Constitution and By-Laws of the Arcadia Chinese Baptist Church, and to the Church Covenant.
2. Partake and support ACBC church-wide vision, goals, purposes, activities, and themes.
3. Promote prayer ministry and participate prayer meetings.
4. Attend all required pastoral staff and related ministry meetings.
B. Specific Responsibilities
1. To Preach and Teach God’s Words (2 Timothy 4:1-2)
a. Teach the Word of God in a direct, understandable and authoritative way in weekly youth worship services.
b. Teach/Lead Bible study in Youth Sunday School and Youth Alive Friday Fellowship weekly.
2. To Disciple the youth (Matthew 28:19-20)
a. Edify the youth with biblical truth and train them to apply the truth in their lives
b. Develop and realize personal and small group discipleship
c. Visit the home of the youth and nurture the relationship with them and their parents
d. Mentor and grow youth leadership teams
e. Build, grow, and sustain a bible centered, relation based, and discipleship focused faith community of youth with strong identity and purpose to partake and realize the Great Commission
3. To Shepherd the flock (1 Peter 5:2)
a. Provide overall leadership and pastoral care for youth congregation from 6th grade to 12th grade through various communication media
b. Plan and participate fellowship meetings, camps and retreats, and other activities including but not limited to
• Bible Drill
• 30-Hour Famine
• YSMP or other missions
• Harvest Festival
• Church Lock-In
• Spring/Summer/Fall/RYCE Retreats
• Field Trips
• Community Services
• Campus Outreach
c. Communicate and partner with the parents regularly to ensure the purposeful spiritual formation of the youth through various means
d. Train and strength Christian parents to effectively minister their teenage children
e. Follow up and support the graduates as their transit to the college faith community
4. To Extend the God’s Kingdom (Matthew 28:19-20)
a. Equip and encourage personal evangelism within families, schools and communities
b. Outreach to the non-believing families and friends
c. Work with other pastoral staff in planning short term mission and outreach ministry
5. To Train God’s Kingdom personnel (Ephesians 4:12)
a. Train youth to serve in church ministries
b. Develop youth leadership in praise worship, bible studies, and ministry development
c. Develop dynamic adult volunteers to serve among the youth