Living Hope Community Church of Silicon Valley is a multicultural, Gospel-centered church with the vision to become like Jesus by jointly obeying everything He has commanded. After much prayer, humbly following the Lord’s guidance, Living Hope held its first Worship Service on September 7, 2013 in Cupertino, California. Our Congregation numbers at approximately 150, under the shepherding of Pastor Harrison Chang (Senior Pastor of Living Hope), Pastor Kirk Booth (Pastor in charge of Youth/Children Ministry) and Pastor Wah Yiu Fu (Pastor in charge of Chinese Ministries).
Some of our regular ministries include:
- Worship Services (English, Cantonese, Children’s)
- Bible Classes (Children through Adult)
- Community Groups
- Short Term Mission Trips
- Friday Night Youth and Children’s Ministry
The Congregation of Living Hope includes both English and Cantonese-Speaking brothers and sisters ranging in age from children, youth, collegiate, young adults, families and senior adults. We are presently renting at San Jose Christian School. We are a Southern Baptist Church with a Missional Mindset, seeking to bring the Gospel ministry outside the four walls of the church into our neighborhoods, our workplaces and the areas in which we live. As our name indicates, we believe that God is bringing the Living Hope of Jesus to a world that desperately needs to know Him and we are excited to continue to follow our Lord Jesus in the expansion of His great Kingdom.
Youth Pastor Job Description:
It is the responsibility of the Youth Pastor to oversee all the Ministries pertaining to Youth together with the Pastors and Lay-Elders in making disciples at Living Hope.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preaching and teaching the Bible so that new Christians can grow and older Christians are challenged.
- Provide goal driven oversight, development and encouragement of student ministry leads and members.
- Providing leadership based in joint scriptural study, meditation and godly counsel toward clearly stated goals and God given directives.
- Shepherding and guiding the Youth Staff to work together in faithfully executing their ministry responsibilities.
- Diligently working Living Hope’s vision into all aspects of ministry so as to fully utilize all resources and ministers and to unite us toward one cause.
- Visiting and caring for the brothers and sisters, encouraging and comforting them through the scriptures and prayer.
- Maintaining a devoted personal prayer and study life which daily intercedes for the Saints, both here and abroad, and equips for daily service.
- Dispensing all the pastoral duties related to the office.
Youth Pastor Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Youth Ministry.
- Finished or working towards a Master of Divinity Degree from an accredited Theological Seminary.
- Experience in an Asian American Ministry Setting preferred.
- In Agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message.
- Demonstrating competence in fulfilling the Responsibilities of the Youth Pastor as listed above.
For more information or application please contact Philip Lau