Purpose: The Minister to Students seeks to provide a well-balanced program for youth that will seek to win the lost to Christ and help those who are Christians to mature in Christ. Responsibilities: As relates to the above age groups, the Student Minister will:
• Establish, develop and maintain an effective student ministry to include fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, evangelism and discipleship for students in grades 6-12 and college.
• Enlist and train department directors, assist in enlisting and training teachers.
• Be available to parents to discuss issues related to their child or student ministry.
• Provide counseling and spiritual guidance to youth on an individual basis.
• Involve youth in ministry and mission projects.
• Serve as a member of church council.
• Prepare and monitor an annual budget for recommendation and approval by the stewardship committee.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community, with an emphasis on the leaders of our local schools and other student or youth organizations.
• Support youth in their school setting and extracurricular activities.
• Will be available to be on call, fill the pulpit in the pastors absence, and assist deacons in hospital visitations.
• Perform other duties assigned by the senior pastor.
• Must be able to share personal testimony.
• Ordained minister or willing to be ordained.
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or higher in theology, or student ministry. Educational requirements will be considered on an individual level.
• Model a Christ-like lifestyle with a passion to serve and lead the lost to Jesus Christ.
• Preferred 2-3 years experience employed or volunteering in youth or student ministry.
• A member of the local community to include local residence with availability to the surrounding area.