About Bethesda Baptist Church
Bethesda Baptist Church was established at its present location in 1855 and is one of the oldest churches in Johnson County. The name “Bethesda” means house of mercy and in the scriptures, the Pool of Bethesda was a place where people came seeking healing from the hurts of life. For the past 166 years the mission of Bethesda Baptist Church is Reflecting God’s love to others.
Bethesda Baptist Church is a Deacon Led Church, with full and part time staff. The church is an active member of the Texas Baptist Convention, Southern Baptist Convention, and Southwestern Metroplex Baptist Association. The church has active children’s, youth, adult and senior adult ministry programs.