About First Baptist San Angelo
First Baptist Church of San Angelo strives to equip all believers for effective ministry in their neighborhoods, in San Angelo, and around the world.
First Baptist Church has been caring and ministering in the name of Jesus Christ to persons in San Angelo, the Concho Valley, and around the world for more than 130 years. One of the first major gatherings of the church took place on July 22, 1884 under a large mesquite tree on the northwest corner of a lot located on Chadbourne Street between Beauregard Avenue and Harris Street. This was the site of the church’s first location, and a makeshift tent-like structure served as the first “building.”