Role Description: The Director of Youth Ministry will develop and lead a team focused on ministry to middle and high school students and will coordinate with our children’s ministry to ensure a comprehensive, gospel-centered ministry to students, children and families as our children grow.
Ministry Distinctives: Christ Church InTown’s mission includes a call to be a cross-cultural and multiethnic church. Our ministries to youth, children and their families should reflect this intentional cross-cultural diversity
The children of our church are fairly young, with a rising group of middle school students. As the director of youth and family ministries, this person will build community and facilitate spiritual growth for our middle and high school students, while engaging in evangelism and outreach to students in the community. This role will coordinate with the director of children’s ministry in order to ensure a continuity of spiritual development from birth through graduation.
– Build relationships with 6th-12th grade students in the church and in the community
– Create ministry strategies for evangelism, discipleship and service
– Provide oversight and leadership for all elements of youth ministry including outreach events,
teaching, Bible studies, mission trips, camps and retreats, etc.
– Recruit, train and manage a team of volunteers
– Work with the Children’s Ministry Director to create a consistent plan for development and
discipleship from birth to 12th grade
– Work collegially alongside the rest of the staff and report to the senior pastor
– Prompt and professional communications
– Oversee, plan and maintain a budget for youth ministry
– A growing relationship with Jesus Christ rooted in grace and committed to a life of discipleship
– Membership at Christ Church InTown
– Whole-hearted alignment with our church’s mission and values
– Called and gifted in cross-cultural mission
– Passionate about student ministry
– Strong organizational and planning skills
– Strong relational gifts
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred. We are willing to work with qualified candidates to further their
– Part-time (20 hrs/wk)
– Flexible schedule and office hours
– Ideal for candidates interested in seminary with local options and financial help available
– Reports to the Pastor
– Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
E-mail a resume with references.
In a separate document, please answer the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this pursuing this position?
2. What gifts, experiences, and passions do you possess that would make you a good fit for this
3. Do you have any experience in cross-cultural or multi-ethnic ministry? Please evaluate that
experience and explain how it has shaped you.