First Baptist Church Moultrie, GA (www.firstmoultrie.org) is praying and searching for a full-time Worship Pastor who will glorify God by leading our congregation in a comprehensive music and worship ministry.
We are excited about what God is doing at First Baptist Moultrie and are eagerly looking forward to following the leadership of our next Worship Pastor as he leads us into the next season of our worship ministry.
Highlighted job requirements and qualifications:
- Previous service in a related area of ministry is highly desirable
- Must be a committed, spiritually maturing Christian who loves God and is called to the role of Worship Pastor
- Must have the musical proficiency to lead congregational worship
- Must be able to direct and train a choir and accompanying instrumentalists
- Must be comfortable in leading a blended, multi-generational worship service that ultimately brings glory to God
- Must be proficient with computers and modern worship technology
- Must be teachable, flexible, cooperative, and eager to partner with our current ministry staff in shepherding our church
Principle Function: The Worship Pastor is responsible for providing comprehensive leadership
and direction in the areas of music and worship.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Job Qualifications: The person in this position must be a committed, spiritually maturing Christian who loves God and is called by God to the role of Worship Pastor.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. A seminary or other relevant graduate degree would be an advantage but is not required.
Experience: Previous service in a related area of ministry is highly desirable.
Skills: Must have the musical proficiency to lead congregational worship; must be comfortable
in leading a blending, multi-generational worship service that ultimately brings glory to God; must be able to direct and train a choir and accompanying instrumentalists; must possess excellent verbal/written communication skills; must be proficient with computers and modern worship technology; must be organized and able to work with minimum supervision; must be teachable, flexible, cooperative, and eager to partner with our current ministry staff in shepherding our church.
I. As related to Music Ministry:
(1) Organize and supervise a complete church music ministry.
(2) Lead worship services that bring great glory to God by (a) clearly communicating the gospel through song, (b) enthusiastically celebrating who God is and what he has done, and (c) encouraging congregational worship.
(3) Lead, train, and direct the adult choir, instrumentalists, and all music volunteers, ensuring that they are fully prepared to lead worship.
(4) Supervise and work with leaders in developing and implementing children’s and youth music programs.
(5) Seek to find, develop, and utilize musical talent among church members in singing, conducting, and playing instruments.
(6) Encourage and lead in evangelistic opportunities within the music ministry.
(7) Provide needed musical assistance for church ministries and events.
(8) Supervise the purchase, maintenance, and organization of all music and audio/visual equipment and supplies.
(9) Develop and administer a music ministry budget. (10) Plan and direct special occasion music (i.e. Christmas, Easter, revivals, funerals, etc.).
(11) Provide musical training opportunities by promoting attendance at clinics, festivals, camps, and training events.
(12) Plan publicity and promotion for the entire music ministry.
(13) Work with the Media & Communications Director to plan all media elements of worship services (i.e. song lyrics, videos, etc.) and ensure that all media elements and devices (i.e. microphones, song lyrics, etc.) are correct and working properly.
(14) Consult with the Senior Pastor in selecting appropriate hymns and worship songs for all worship services and give the church staff a finalized order of worship for Sunday services in a timely manner.
II. As related to General Ministry:
(1) Engage in personal prayer and Bible study.
(2) Support the Senior Pastor in the day-to-day ministries of the church.
(3) Assist in pastoral ministry to visitors, shut-ins, and those who are sick/hospitalized, with special emphasis on senior adults and those in the music ministry.
(4) Maintain a personal level of integrity that points people to Christ.
(5) Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly deacons meetings.
(6) Assist the Senior Pastor in other areas as requested
Send a resume (with cover letter) by email or mail