Position focus: Implement the mission and vision of Christ Memorial Church through the advancement of discipleship and missional living in our community and around the world.
Works cooperatively with: Ministry Leadership Team, deacons, directors of youth and children’s ministry, staff
Primary Strengths Required:
- Christ-like character and a heart for discipleship and missions
- Enthusiasm for the mission and vision God has called Christ Memorial Church to live into
- Highly relational
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to inspire and lead ministry teams
- Oversee the mission and vision for discipleship and missional living at Christ Memorial Church.
- Oversee staff in missional living, children’s, youth, and adult ministries.
- Work with directors of children’s and youth ministries to create a comprehensive full life discipleship strategy.
- Outfit adult groups in such a way that they learn together, serve together, care for one another and are reproducible.
- Synergize learning and practice through study, relationships, and missional living.
- Lead the deacons of Christ Memorial in such a way that we live into our vision of being a Matthew 25 church.
- Establish mentoring relationships with interns and volunteers and/or equip the formation team to do so (i.e., youth director with youth interns, discipleship volunteer leaders, oversee and develop other leaders, etc.)
- Serve on Ministry Leadership Team (MLT) that steers the course of leadership and vision in the church.
- Assist in the casting of vision, testing of new ideas, and development of both short term and long-term goals for the church.
- Work collaboratively with worship, care, and other departments to ensure that the formation of Christian character in the congregation is readily accessible, regularly engaged, and often celebrated.
- Pastor of Discipleship and Mission should have a rich spiritual life modeled by discernment, service, a healthy rest/work balance, and biblical integration into life.
- Be a visible leadership presence on Sunday mornings and as needed at times throughout the week. Preach on occasion as the teaching schedule allows.
Essential Skills and Training:
- Ordained minister in the Reformed Church in America or other denomination in theological agreement
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in formulating and leading discipleship ministry
- Self-starter with the desire to also work in ministry with others
- Ability to recruit, train, and encourage volunteers
- Strong relational skills
- Adept with modern technology (Microsoft Office, mobile apps, etc.)
If interested in this position, please submit resumes by email