Duties of the Family Minister
1. Assist the pastor with the ministry of the church in all areas.
2. The Family Minster will answer directly to the pastor.
3. Be the head of the church’s children and youth ministry and ministry to families with children through bible study, outreach, VBS and other supportive ministries as needed and planned.
4. The Family Minister will also oversee ministry to help strengthen the spiritual well-being of families.
5. Make sure all children/youth ministry volunteers are up to date on background checks.
6. Make sure all children/youth activities have safety of the participants as a priority.
7. Plan and recruit volunteers for quarterly outreach activities, VBS, Sunday night children/youth ministry, summer children camps, and other activities.
8. Be an example and leader for the families with children of Hatch Bend Baptist Church in character, conduct, words, and pursuit of Christ in their personal lives.
9. Recruit and train leaders to assist in all areas of children/youth ministry. The Family Minister does not have to lead every activity but must make sure all activities are adequately staffed for safety and discipleship.
10. Coordinate and manage the Family Ministry budget.
11. Serve the church in the role of pastor as needed.
12. Salary and benefits will be offered as the committee and church agree.
13. Raises to the salary will be reviewed each year when the new budget is submitted along with the job review.
The work schedule will be similar to the pastor’s schedule. They will work four days (M-F) and Sunday. If part-time, work as needed to make sure all responsibilities are fulfilled.
Qualifications of a support staff minster
Same as the “Qualifications of a Pastor” in article V of the Hatch Baptist Church and By-laws.
Family Minister Vacation and Leave for full time employment
The Family Minister will be given paid vacation by the church. The numbers of days given for vacation will be determined by prior ministry experience.
The family minister will get two (2) weeks of sick leave annually. Additional sick leave will be approved by the church.
The Family Minister is encouraged to participate in continuing education, attend conferences, and the Southern Baptist Convention, and be active in the Lafayette Baptist Association as they see fit. The family minister is allowed, as led by the Holy Spirit, to participate in mission trips. These trips will be approved by the church. The family minister will inform the church of the destination of the mission trip, cost, length, and any other pertinent information. This minister will not exceed a combination of 15 days absence in mission opportunities unless approved by a majority of the church body.
The family minister will be given a review after the first six months of employment, and an annual review by the pastor.