Rockville Christian Church (RCC), home to a bible based and restoration-minded congregation, is seeking someone to serve as a Youth Minister for grades 6-12.
• Above all, the Youth Minister is to be a person of faith and high character who has a personal commitment to following Jesus on a daily basis.
• In addition, the Youth Minister is ordained in ministry and called to equip 6th-12th grade students and their families to follow Jesus well.
• The Youth Minister will strive to connect the Youth Ministry to the church’s overall mission and to other ministries by leading with a kingdom mindset.
• Report to the Senior Minister and Elders in regard to the Youth Ministry.
• Communicate regularly with parents and the church as a whole about what’s happening in the youth ministry and future vision for what’s next.
• Work in coordination with Children’s Director (birth-5th grade) to provide a comprehensive scope and sequence for children and youth.
• Creatively equip parents and families to disciple in the home.
• Inspire and equip students to use spiritual gifts in different ways.
• Train other adults to be involved in the youth ministry.
• Teach Biblical lessons for Sunday School and during other times throughout the week to help build a Biblical foundation for students.
• Plan and oversee opportunities for students to go on mission trips, to church camp, and to conferences throughout the year.
• Be intentional in being an integral part of the Parke County community by going to student’s events and seeking out different ways to connect with people outside of the church building.
• Keep regular office hours throughout the week with one weekday off.
• Take vacation time each year for rest and renewal.
• Attend meetings, classes, and conferences that bring personal encouragement and offer leadership advice and insight.
• Be open to seasons of being mentored and offering mentorship to others.
• Baptized believer who aligns with Restoration Movement ideals/principles
• Graduate of 4 year college/university with degree in Bible/ministry
If, after prayerful consideration, you believe that God is leading you to inquire about this position, please submit a resume and cover letter by email