The individual must know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, enjoy collaborating with the Holy Spirit in ministry, and honor the Word of God as authoritative for life. Strong candidates for this position will:
• Be musically gifted, humble, and able to minister in Word and Spirit with the Church Leadership.
• Be confident leading contemporary praise, traditional hymns and some Anglican liturgical music, such as singing the psalter by guitar or keyboard (or willing and able to learn).
• Be comfortable worshipping in a liturgical environment, with blended worship, and responding to the leading of God’s Spirit.
• Preferred but NOT required: a degree in music (or commensurate experience) and 3 years of worship leading experience.
The Worship Leader plans, organizes, coordinates and leads the worship of God through music at the direction of and in partnership with the Pastor. Duties will involve:
• Leading worship on Sunday and additional special services;
• Working with other paid and volunteer musicians:
• Special planning for liturgical seasons like Easter and Christmas;
• Overseeing and coordinating duties, responsibilities and volunteers on the worship team;
• Implementing media technology to enhance worship;
The Worship Leader serves as a member of the ministerial staff under the supervision of the Pastor, and will coordinate with other staff at the weekly staff meeting or as otherwise arranged.
To apply or seek additional information, contact Rev. Fr. Astor Yelangueuzian, Rector by email.