Oak Lane Christian Church is seeking applicants for Lead Minister to transition leadership from our retiring senior minister. Our lead minister would oversee the preaching, administration, and outreach of our church. He will serve as part of our leadership team with the board of elders to execute our mission statement:
Pursuing a transforming relationship With Christ
Connecting with others In Community
Moving forward On Mission
- Christian Church (Restoration Movement) tradition strongly preferred
- Bible / Theology Bachelor degree
- 1-5 Years in Christian ministry, preferably as a lead minister
- Must agree to Oak Lane’s statement of beliefs
- Strong faith, characterized by spiritual maturity, discernment, and integrity
- Healthy work ethic
- Works to execute the church’s mission, vision, and values
- Proclaims the Gospel from the pulpit with authority and wisdom
- Leads the congregation with vision and encouragement to live a bold Christian life
- Oversees pastoral care (visitation, counseling, ect.)
- Represents Oak Lane to the community
- Oversees daily operations of the church
- Accountability to the board of elders
- Manages the church’s staff
- Promotes community involvement and outreach.
- Teaches small groups & classes (ex. New and prospective members ‘What we believe’ class)
To apply for this position please submit the following:
- Current Resume
- List of character references
- Recommendation letter from your current minister or an elder you report to
- Written answers to the following questions:
- Please briefly describe your personal and family history and current family situation.
- What is your Church background?
- Please tell us about your spiritual history including why you decided to go into ministry.
- How would you describe your ministry experience to this point and what kind of future ministry are you seeking?
- What is your philosophy of ministry?
- What aspects of ministry are you most enthusiastic about?
- What is your leadership style and how have you implemented it in your prior ministry experience?
- How would you characterize yourself theologically?
- How would you describe your preaching style and sermon planning strategy?