Job Description: The purpose of this position is to support the mission, vision and values of Bridge Church while overseeing the Children’s ministry of Bridge Church as it connects to our core values.
● In partnership with the Lead Pastor, the Children’s Leadership Team (CLT) will craft Gospel-saturated Sunday experiences for children ages 0-12 that are accessible to newcomers and edifying to young believers.
● Craft, curate, and facilitate Reformed, Gospel-centered, age-appropriate Bible teaching for children.
● Create a Lord’s Supper preparation class for children.
● Empower parents in the faith formation of their children.
● Recruit, equip and encourage volunteers serving weekly in kid’s church while shepherding and investing in their spiritual formation.
● Support the Home Groups by providing and promoting resources to engage children at Home Group.
● Discern ways the whole body can uphold their baptismal vows to encourage, pray for and support children in their faith.
● Create a culture among Bridge Church that not only ministers to kids but sends them on mission in the world.
● Build relationships and potential partnerships with charities aimed towards families in the Fort.
● Develop ministries that reach out to, and share faith with children in Fort Saskatchewan. Examples could include a mid-week ministry, VBS or Sunday bus pick-up.
Other Key Responsibilities:
● Chair the Children’s Leadership Team and serve as representative on the Ministry Leadership Team.
● Attend weekly staff meeting.
● Strong focus on growing the volunteer team. Mentoring and investing in volunteers spiritually and equipping them to succeed.
● Create a vibrant culture of prayer, community, serving, teamwork, and excellence within the ministry.
● Ensure Bridge Church follows a robust, accredited abuse prevention program. Oversee police checks, intervention checks, and other safety measures. Liason with insurance company to ensure compliance.
● Worship collaboration with Lead Pastor, Worship Director concerning special holidays, church campaigns
● Other tasks determined by the Lead Pastor as needed.
● Strong spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ, lives a Godly lifestyle, and passion for missional ministry.
● Must have a great sense of humour.
● Demonstrates humility, teachability, gentleness, and integrity.
● Theological education or willingness to pursue theological learning.
● Experience with creating and leading a dynamic and diverse kids ministry.
● The ability to teach.
● Has completed first-aid training.
● Experience in volunteer coordination, development, and empowerment.
● Possesses a high level of initiative and ability to work independently, performing duties with minimal direction and supervision while being a loyal team player.
● Personal affirmation of the theology/beliefs encompassed the Creeds and Confessions of the Christian Reformed Church of North America.
● Demonstrates excellence in written/verbal communication skills with staff, volunteers and from the platform.
● Ability to anticipate needs, highly organized, attention to detail, a multi-tasker and excellence in time management.
What We Can Offer You:
● A fun and flexible work environment
● Mentorship for ministry
● Continued Education opportunities
● Vacation Pay
● 16 hours a week of interesting work!
● Compensation based on education, experience, etc
Interested in Applying? Please send Resume and Cover letter by email.