The music director is responsible to the pastor for the development and promotion of the music program of the church.
1. Direct the planning, organizing, and evaluating of a comprehensive music program including choirs, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles.
2. Work with and give directions to the church pianist in arranging and providing music for worship.
3. Assist the pastor in planning all services of worship.
4. Assume responsibility for the total music program of the church, making an effort to organize a program which will win people to Christ, strengthen worship, and encourage evangelism and enlistment.
5. Arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities upon request.
6. Maintain a music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other equipment.
7. Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
8. Music director will have 2 weeks paid vacation and will inform the pastor when away and have supplies available in his absence.
9. Preference to have the ability to lead both contemporary and traditional music in the worship service.
10. Be in agreement with aligning with the Baptist faith and message.
11. This is a part time position.