We are now seeking our next pastor or music director whom God has prepared to lead Bethel Baptist into its next season of ministry. He or she should have the conviction that God has placed a calling in their life to minister at Bethel Baptist and whose passions align with Bethel’s requirements and expectations.
About the Position: We are in search of a music pastor (male) or a director of music (male or female). The position, whether a pastor or director, will manage the church’s praise ministry and will report to the Lead Pastor. He/she will help to minister to the church by leading worship services that are gospel centered in their passion, theologically rich in their presentation, excellent in their musical proficiency, and consistent with the mission and vision of Bethel Baptist.
Our Heart for Worship: When we gather, we are setting our minds attention and hearts affections on the Lord, praising the Lord for who He is and what He has done. When we worship, we are not trying to please the audience, our aim is to please God. He has given us instruction in His Word as to the parameters or guidelines that please Him; we want our worship to be directed by Scripture. We are to be as purposeful about the songs we sing as we are about the sermons we preach.
Job Description for Director of Music
- Demonstrate a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Clear, personal testimony of salvation followed by baptism by immersion.
- Exhibit the calling and necessary skills for leading a congregation in all aspects of praise and music.
- Musically skillful and able to lead both instruments and vocalists to excellence in their craft.
- Committed to discipleship and evangelism through the mission and community of the local church.
- A team player who participates in the whole ministry of the church.
- Support and adherence to the Bethel Baptist Statement of Faith.
- A heart of generosity displayed through regular tithing and giving to areas under God’s direction.
- Exhibits the heart and willingness to develop other worship ministers to send out into the mission field
- Experience in leading worship services.
- Proficiency in leading musical groups, including vocal/instrumental ensembles and/or choirs.
- Ability to lead people to participate in musical worship.
- Proficiency with technical equipment including sound and computer-generated. equipment and use of worship and presentation software.
- Exemplary vocal skills.
- Work directly with the Lead Pastor to coordinate worship services with the current teaching/preaching focus and the overall vision of the church.
- Lead in worship services by conducting the choir, playing an instrument, or singing – 48 weekends a year.
- Schedule band, praise team and/or choir weekly through Planning Center.
- Direct congregational singing at all regularly scheduled worship services (Sunday and Tuesday night prayer).
- Lead instrumental and vocal rehearsals to ensure team is ready for each Sunday service and Tuesday praise and prayer nights.
- Lead our congregation in a blended style of traditional hymns, modern worship music, and gospel music.
- Challenge, and provide training opportunities for volunteers grow musically/vocally.
- Develop volunteers of all ages from within the church body to participate in the ministry.
- Plan and implement special musical events including holiday services.
- Communicate with volunteers on a regular basis.
- Work with the tech team in recommending the purchase/ repair/ replacement of sound and lighting equipment.
- Build and develop other praise leaders.
- Manage and implement the allocation and spending of the annual worship budget.
- Experience leading music worship: 5 years (Preferred).
- Experience working with Planning Center.
- Demonstrate instrumental skills, particularly keyboard and/or guitar.
- Familiarity with classic, gospel and contemporary genres of Christian music.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess effective communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field, but not required.
*For those applying for a pastor position these additional qualifications will be required.
Pastor Qualifications & Requirements:
1. The Pastor must meet the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications of an elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22.
2. The Pastor must be a man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is saying to Bethel Baptist. He will devote himself to daily prayer and Bible reading. He will regularly lead his family in times in the Word and prayer.
3. The Pastor will seek to undertake his duties in the power of the Holy Spirit being guided by the Scriptures and prayer.
4. The Pastor will have the vision and organizational skills necessary to work effectively, creatively, and flexibly within the context of Bethel Baptist Church with multiple staff members and ministries. The Pastor will support the plurality of elders in the oversight of Bethel Baptist.
5. The Pastor will demonstrate a passion for church planting and equip Bethel Baptist to send its members into the mission field, locally and globally.
6. The Pastor will intentionally work to disciple and grow those who are a part of the praise team.