The Associate Pastor shall serve under the Senior Pastor and shall assist in carrying out the ministry of the church through providing leadership, pastoral care, training and teaching. He is accountable to the Senior Pastor and then the Elder Board.
This is a full-time position with an anticipated time commitment of 40+ hours a week, off on Saturday and one other day of the week agreed upon by Senior Pastor, except for emergencies and special occasions, to support the flexible needs of the ministry.
The main responsibilities involve:
- Supporting the Senior Pastor by:
- Teaching/preaching on agreed upon schedule of Sundays.
- Assuming the pastoral role in Senior Pastor’s absence.
- Partnering with Senior Pastor to craft both short-term and long-term vision and strategy.
- Praying for & with the Senior Pastor, other staff members, volunteers, members and the church as a whole.
- Attending both Elder Board and office staff meetings.
- Assisting with making sure our communication to the congregation is clear and constant.
- Providing biblical counseling to church members regarding spiritual matters. Refer to professional counselor when necessary.
- Assisting in developing and encouraging ministry servant-leaders through pastoral guidance, prayer, listening, regular accountability, and discipleship.
- Conducting funerals and weddings, when needed.
- Helping with administrative tasks, as needed.
- Oversight of some of the following areas (each need attention post-Covid):
- Discipleship: How (Process) & What (Substance). Interacting and consulting with our ministry servant-leaders (Children, Youth, Young Adult, Adult) to enhance small group focus, by setting direction & selecting curriculum for discipleship teaching.
- Local Outreach: Ministry and connection with Holden & surrounding community.
- Worship: Oversight of Sunday teams and special events (Easter, Christmas, concerts, etc.)
- Young Adults: Foster engagement with adults, ages 20-40, including singles, divorced, and marrieds.
- Other Requirements
- Read & agree with Holden Chapel Church Doctrinal Statement contained in Info Packet.
- 3 Years professional experience.
- Meet Biblical qualifications of an Elder, as laid out in Holden Chapel Bylaws Section 2.3.
- Not a recent convert.
To Apply: Emil your resume Dan Marinone, Executive Pastoral Assistant 617-312-2567