We are seeking an associate pastor to support and advance the Holy Spirit-led and empowered mission of the church.
The ideal candidate for the Associate Pastor position will sense a clear call from God to pastoral ministry, demonstrated preaching experience, and a strong belief and acceptance of the Vineyard statement of faith. Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Outstanding leadership skills, ability to gather and inspire people to achieve a common goal.
- Highly relational interpersonal skills, able to support and engage people with wisdom, grace, kindness, compassion, and expressing truth in love, with humility.
- Strong pastoral gifting including the following qualities in dealing with people: grace, compassion, humility, engagement, inclusiveness, care, love.
- Fully embrace the Brownsburg Vineyard’s mission, values, culture, and church body.
- Experience in pastoral ministry including Biblical teaching and preaching in a pastoral/ministry role.
- Be characterized by the qualifications for office stated in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, and the spirit of humility and servanthood called for in passages such as Matthew 20:25- 28 and I Peter 5:1-4.
- A proven track record of passion for Jesus, multiplication of disciples, effective leadership, judgment and a team player.
- A personal experience with hearing from the Holy Spirit and operating in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12)
- Completed 4 years of approved Bible school/study or undergraduate degree. Prefer postgraduate theological training.
- Be or become an ordained minister, in agreement with faith and practice of Vineyard USA.
The primary responsibilities of the Associate Pastor will provide active support, guidance and creative leadership in the following areas:
- Develop and oversee the discipleship process of BVC (Life Groups, Men’s and Women’s Ministry, Young Adults, mentoring, growth groups, etc.)
- Develop and oversee the outreach ministry of BVC and create effective points of engagement with our community. Organize outreach events, build an outreach team and recruit support for events.
- Design and implement an assimilation process that provides a clear pathway from a first-time guest to a regularly attending member to an actively giving and serving member.
- Support the preaching ministry of BVC by providing scripturally based and Holy Spirit empowered teaching that is culturally relevant and beneficial to a diverse audience from seekers to more mature believers, with emphasis on preaching the gospel.
- Partner and collaborate with the Lead Pastor, staff and church leadership in goal setting, leadership development, and spiritual direction.
- Assist in producing communications for the website, email, newsletters, publications, manuals, processes, social media, face to face, on stage, etc.
- Assist in recruiting, training, encouraging, empowering, developing and discipling future church leaders.
- Value the nurturing of congregation members by ensuring their effective care.
- Assist in planning meaningful worship services that lead people to, and help people experience God.
- Coordinate with the worship leader, staff, and volunteers for Sunday services and special events.
- Officiate rites of passage, such as child dedications, baptisms, weddings, and funerals.
- Conduct himself or herself in a manner that aligns with the bylaws, mission, and values of Brownsburg Vineyard.
- The Associate Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor.
MINISTRY POSITION OVERVIEW
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary, PTO, insurance allowance and retirement benefits.
The Associate Pastor is a full-time position. The daily work schedule is varied and includes regular evening and weekend requirements.
The Associate Pastor role is made for: a bold and spirit-led leader, innovator, a biblically fluent person, discerning, culturally in-tune, passionate for disciple-making, powerful interpersonal, written, and public communicator/orator.
CONTACT : Pastor Denis Roy
Other jobs you may like
- Holden Chapel
- Closes: 30 Sep
Associate Pastor of Young Adults
- First Baptist Church Albany in Lees...
- Closes: 30 Sep
Associate/Young Adult Pastor
- Risen King Community Church
- Closes: 30 Sep
Associate Pastor of Discipleship
- The Tapestry Mundy Park
- Closes: 31 Jul
- Living Water Outreach
- Closes: 31 Aug