Providence Presbyterian Church in Lubbock, Texas is searching for an Assistant Pastor to come alongside the lead pastor in the ongoing work of gospel ministry. Lubbock is a great place to live and work — a city of 250,000 with a major Division I University (and active RUF ministry) in Texas Tech University as well as a thriving art and music culture. Providence was planted in 2001 and particularized in 2008. It is a sweet and stable body of 175-200 with a healthy budget reflecting its commitment to missions and local ministry. Providence is led by Pastor Ronnie Rowe and her Session. The local Texas Tech RUF is led by Pastor Dagan Mayfield.
– Assist in the planning and leading of the worship service each Lord’s Day, including preaching 12-15 times per year.
– Assist in the teaching of Sunday School Classes and/or Bible Studies depending on the cycle.
– Engage the youth ministry especially, expanding the vision and level of activity as a means to minister to all the church.
– Assist with Sunday School coordination, community group ministries and other focused ministries.
– Pray with and for the congregation.
– Assist in the shepherding of church members (visitation, counseling, discipleship) – weekly one-to-one meetings (2-3).
– Assist in hospital, nursing home, assisted living, and other visitation according to the need.
– Assist in follow up of visitors and regular attenders.
– Assist in administrative tasks.
– Expand outreach and evangelism efforts of the church in the Lubbock community and beyond.
– Assist in mercy ministries.
– Cultivate and improve pastoral skills to be better equipped to be sent to, or to plant another church in due time.
– Currently ordained in the PCA or prepared to be ordained in the PCA in near future.
– Pursuing or already in possession of an M.Div. or equivalent.
– Prior experience serving as an assistant pastor preferred.