Bethel Baptist Church is seeking a committed Youth Pastor to lead our Youth Ministry and come alongside our families to raise up disciples in the next generation. Located at the base of the Sacramento Mountains in the desert Southwest, Bethel is a biblically-based, multi-generational Southern Baptist church that seeks to exalt Christ and to make disciples as we gather for worship, grow in the Word, serve in Christ’s work, and send the gospel to the world.
Purpose of the Position:
As our Associate Pastor for Students, the primary responsibility is to lead, administer, organize, and oversee a comprehensive Student ministry (6th–12th grade) that aligns with scripture and promotes the overall mission of Bethel Baptist Church.
1. Develop and oversee a biblical, disciple-making program for the youth ministry that meets students where they are and leads them towards spiritual maturity and a lifetime of following Christ.
2. Assist and support the role of parents as the primary spiritual influence in the lives of their children by leading a youth ministry that reinforces discipleship at home.
3. Maintain effective communication with parents and students to encourage participation in the youth ministry and in the overall life of the church.
4. Support youth by attending important activities and personal milestones and treating all students with equal care and concern.
5. Lead and administer weekly, age-appropriate Bible studies that prepare students to live out a Christian worldview in a fallen world.
6. Plan, coordinate, and lead retreats, fellowship activities, service opportunities, and annual mission trips.
7. Continually recruit and train a team of adult volunteers who serve as the “frontline” of the ministry.
8. Provide Biblical counsel and assistance to students and their families, maintaining strict confidentiality with any information of a personal nature.
9. Develop and manage the annual Student budget utilizing general and designated funds allocated for the youth ministry.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Must be a mature believer who is growing in grace and exemplifies Christian character as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-6 and Titus 1:5-9.
2. Must be an active member of an SBC church whose doctrinal beliefs are consistent with SBC Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
3. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution strongly desired.
4. Able to assist with other duties, including preaching and pastoral care.
5. Previous ministry experience required.