Who We Are
We are a common work force that rewards talent and accomplishments over tasks in an uncommon environment.
At the level we lead the community, we are looking for someone that enjoys working smarter to maximize financial impact and efforts. A Christ follower, that is willing to come on mission as a member at Grace Point Church. We are a relaxed environment yet constantly striving towards utilizing best practices to reduce hours spent on manual endeavors.
Description of the Role
As the Business Administrator at Grace Point Church, you will be called on to participate in leadership training, meetings, practices and events. You will need to be organized and be able to prioritize responsibilities. You will be balancing between department guidelines and urgency of requests.
The Business Administrator reports to the Executive Pastor in a multisite organization in San Antonio and will work on a variety of finance, accounting, human resources, IT and operational tasks.
What You Will Be Doing
* Financial statement close and reporting process (wide range of duties – examples include preparing account reconciliations, recording journal entries in ShelbyNext Financials, preparing financial statements, researching and explaining fluctuations in financial statements, analyzing and implementing improvements based on financial statement review)
* Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* Annual budgeting, analysis, and reporting, including other annual requirements, like tax, insurance, benefits, open enrollment, 1099’s, W2’s, governmental reporting and contribution statements among others
* Analyzing and improving organizational cost structure via cost reduction and cost efficiency
* Working directly with vendors to improve organizational cost structure and contracts
* Preparing and managing timeliness and accuracy of key reports and metrics
* Other operational tasks such as contract review, contract negotiations, managing IT, human resources and finance
* Cost-benefit analysis of contracts including but not limited to healthcare premiums, network services, leases and operational contracts
* Retain constant awareness of the church’s financial position and act to prevent problems
* Oversee the company’s IT system and controls
* Set targets for and supervises all accounting/finance, human resources, operations and IT personnel and contracts
* Oversee all audit and internal control operations
* Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines. Knowledge of GAAP and FASB principles
* Other duties as requested
Skills Needed to Succeed
* High intensity to work and completing tasks needed on time
* Strong attention to accuracy and timeliness of work ensuring maximum work productivity
* Concern for learning and making improvements daily in all aspects of the church
* Very good team player with strong ability to communicate both verbally and written
* Great determination and perseverance to always get it done accurately and timely
* High ethical standards, follow financial policies, carry out mission/goals, and a great role model
* Very good general Back Office Knowledge such that can backup other roles and perform those roles as needed (i.e. person on vacation).
* Able to juggle many tasks at same time
Education and Experience Required
* 4 Year Accounting, Finance, or Business Degree
* 5 Years+ of Experience at this level and role. Experience in non-profit and fund accounting a plus
Benefits to Working Here
We offer a relaxed environment with generous leave policies to include paid vacations, holidays, sabbath and sick days. Additional benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability and retirement plans.
You will enjoy flexibility with responsibility. If you are looking for a second family and not just a job, please apply.