The Manchester Campus Pastor is the head of the campus. This individual is passionate about connecting people to God, People, and Mission through weekly services, volunteering, and groups. They must have a heart for the unchurched, work well in a team, be creative, collaborative, warm and outgoing. This is a full-time position.
• The Campus Pastor is responsible for providing leadership and getting people connected. • Full-time (minimum of 40 hours a week)
• Accountable to Executive Pastor, who will supervise, set goals, encourage and evaluate. • Practice Matthew 18 and show 100% support in all decisions made as a team.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, Biblical teaching / training preferred. • Relational skills with the ability to build and work in team based structures. • Effective communicator both written and verbal. • Be of high moral and spiritual integrity. • Experience recruiting, training, developing and leading volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carries out the vision and mission of Manchester Christian Church “pray for One”
• Responsible for all guest connections at our services (Guest Central, NEXT, etc.)
• Weekly email follow-up with all those indicating wanting to attend NEXT, baptism, etc.
• Tracks guest who attend NEXT, walking them connected through this process.
• Connects with ministries of that campus regarding – wins, challenges, issues, needs, etc.
• Weekly evaluates the guest service experience and comes up with ways we can improve.
• Recruit, train, equip and deploy volunteers to a specific ministry through NEXT.
• Provides weekly reports with: attendance, baptism, guests, wins, concerns, etc. to EP.
• Does a weekly walk through with facilities team to make them aware of any issues.
• Point pastor for those who arrive with needs during the week.
• Delegates counseling to the Care Team who will then send to counseling if needed.
• Being a problem solver when issues arise. • Works hard setting the example for all pastor and ministry leaders.
• All other duties as assigned
Momentum-Builder Catalytic leader: able to rally people to a cause.
Values-Campion Connector: connecting people to God, people and the mission.
Cheerleader: encouraging volunteers and staff constantly.
Staff champion: cares for the spiritual, emotional, and familial health of staff.
Silo-Destroyer Conflict resolver: unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts or ministry misalignment.
Straight-Talker Loves our organization; no question on understanding method or philosophy.
Innovative-Thinker Quality: looking for ways to improve guest experience, committed to excellence. Solution specialist: able to identify problems and find solutions. Self-aware individual: knows where they are weak; finds others to fill in those gaps.
Loyal-Supporter Relational leader: friendly and approachable.
Integrity-Keeper Person of integrity: makes solid decisions based on lifelong values.
Disciple: in all areas of life. Fully devoted to following Jesus in everything he does.
Family-Protector Leader at home: no concerning spiritual or emotional health issues within his family.
Lifelong-Learner Learner: can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
Equipping Leader: Team builder who can identify high-capacity leaders to build more teams.
Talent scout: always on the lookout for new leaders and volunteers.
Pastor: has a heart to identify leaders and build systems to care for the congregation.
Reproducer: reproducers leaders, followers of Christ, always building teams.
Success is defined by…
– More people in the Kingdom of Heaven in the shortest amount of time.
– Weekly sharing stories of transformation through pray for One.
– Tracking numbers of people connecting to God, people and mission.
– Passionate alignment: there is excitement about the vision of our church.
– Growing intentionally: weekly connecting more people to the mission of the church.
– Developing as a leader: reading, learning, and investing in yourself as well as others.
– New volunteers being trained to lead areas of ministries you oversee.
– Collaborative creativity: creativity and innovation with other campuses and the ministry that flourishes and shares with all locations.