Reporting to the Global Senior Pastor, the CFO will be responsible for all financial areas of the organization, including finance, accounting, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, reporting, financial services, contract negotiation, contract management, and compliance.
The CFO will ensure good stewardship of Influencers Church’s resources, protect the financial integrity of Influencers, and assist in the preparation for the financial future of Influencers. With a strong eye for details the CFO must be a forward thinking visionary, a planner who anticipates barriers and forecasts future needs.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting. CPA EXPERIENCE,
SKILLS AND EXPECTATIONS
- A seasoned executive with a minimum of three years of experience as a Chief Financial Officer preferably of a non-for-profit organization.
- Proven track record and experience in managing a complex, fast moving, changing organization to carry out the mission and values of the ministry and managing cash flow.
- Ability to manage multiple related organizations: Global, ATL Church, Influencers Worship (Music Organization), Influencers Schools (Leadership, Arts Academy, College), and Elysium, a production import business to fund campus plants.
- Experience in a complex environments that utilizes self-directing teams for aggressive results.
- Possess the ability to develop realistic pro forma financial projections, decision support tools, cost reporting metrics, and a working knowledge of productivity management systems.
- Experience with providing management and the board with valuable financial and operational reports coupled with the ability to translate complex financial data into presentable and useable management information.
- Have demonstrated great interpersonal skills, hiring, developing and disciplining staff.
- A record of achievement in business management practices including fiscal management, cost control, strategic planning, budgeting and investment management.
- Maintain a consistent relationship with God.
- Meet the qualifications of an elder/pastor. (Timothy and Titus)
- Affirm the mission, vision, values, and doctrines of Influencers Church.
- Develop personal and professional credibility, gain respect and build confidence throughout the organization. Set a tone of leadership in areas of responsibility that is collaborative in nature, focus on analytical decision making and emphasize individual and collective accountability for the financial integrity and strength of Influencers Church.
- Improve reporting systems and reports for the Senior Pastors, Executive Pastors, Campus Pastors and Department Heads.
- Be a leader in educating the department heads in using financial reports, statistical analyses, productivity benchmarking, and the budgeting process.
- Work closely with outside auditors to ensure that all financial systems are working at a high level.
- It is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry. Those who serve God in the pastoral staff at Influencers Church are expected to embrace a high biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle both public and personal.
- It is required that all staff members are in agreement with the vision and values of Influencers Church and adhere to the guidelines and conditions for employment as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- An intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, as evidenced by daily habits of spending time with Him and His Word, active involvement in the leadership of our church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountability relationships with a small number of mature Christians.
- Fosters a “can do” attitude that combines initiative, a sense of urgency and a commitment to results.
Cash Management Relationship
- Operating Accounts and Debit Cards
- Bill Pay trough on-line Banking tools
- ACH, Wires,
Working with Treasurer re Lending Relationship
- Operating Line of Credit
- Long Term Debt – Mortgages
- Ensure the financial budgets are in line with the vision , values, and annual goals of Influencers Church.
- Ensure ministries have the financial resources they need to effectively run their ministry.
- Primary driver for coordinating and getting approval on all church budgets.
- Responsible for cash flow/liquidity needs of the church.
- Responsible for implementing debt reduction strategy.
- Oversee the purchasing processes for each campus and department
- Direct weekly purchasing and bill pay decisions based upon cashflow and cash management positions
- Direct staff on cash savings opportunities
- Oversight to ensure compliance with all government and tax authority requirements – registering with the state and local municipalities
- Primary contact for all legal matters
- Stay up to date in legal matters affecting churches
- Sign all Contracts on behalf of the church
- Ensure compliance with the GAAP and best practices defined by ECFA
- Ensure compliance with Influencers policies and procedures. Update and revise as needed.
- Ensure proper insurance coverage in the following areas:
- Property, Liability, Umbrella, Directors & Officers, Auto, Key Man, Foreign Travel, Church Accident, Sexual Misconduct, Employee Dishonesty, Medical, Employee Benefits, Workers Compensation, Terrorism, Employment Practices, and Builders Risk.
- Design and Implement internal controls for all financial matters.
- cfo non-profit organization: 3 years (Required)