Are you interested in shaping and leading a vibrant ministry to kids and to youth? Rehoboth CRC is looking for a full time person to come and be a part of a great team as we experience and express the love of Jesus with everyone.
These two part time positions have been combined to make one full time position for the right candidate. If you love kids and young people and are excited to see them grow in their understanding and expressing of God’s love than we would love to connect with you for a conversation.
We offer a comprehensive salary with benefits and either housing or a housing allowance.
Position: Children’s Ministry Director
To design, build and manage a relationally based children’s ministry that is unconditionally loving, spiritually challenging and age-appropriately engaging.
• Exhibits a personal lifestyle and can articulate beliefs that demonstrate that Jesus is Lord of his or her life.
• Is in agreement with and supportive of the mission, vision and core values of Rehoboth CRC.
• Demonstrates a passion for ministering to children.
• Demonstrates a passion for God’s Kingdom and the church.
• Has a servant heart and shows spiritual maturity.
• Is committed to his or her own personal, spiritual and professional growth.
• Develops, enhances and encourages a relational ministry by building positive long-term relations with children, teens and adults.
• Demonstrates creativity and has excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates the ability to build an effective team, as well as work independently.
• Acts in an ethical manner and honours confidentiality.
• Proficient in related computer applications.
• Post-secondary education in a field related to teaching children or child development is desirable.
• Previous experience in children’s education/ministry is desirable.
1. To provide leadership and spiritual direction to the Children’s Ministry of Rehoboth from nursery to Grade 8.
2. Seeks out age-appropriate curriculum, reflecting Christian witness and Reformed world view, in
conjunction with the Pastor and Administrative Council.
3. Annually reviews the program by measuring its impact, reviewing its effectiveness, and recommending changes or continuity and provides a written evaluation report to the Administrative Council and Pastor
4. Ensures a smooth transition for each child from the Children’s Ministry to the Youth Ministry.
5. Recruits, equips, motivates and coaches Children’s Ministry volunteers, to assist in the delivery of the programs.
6. Provides leadership training, including safe church training, restorative practices and facilitates aprocess of leadership development for the volunteers.
7. Creates and maintains a schedule for all volunteer positions.
8. Develops an annual Children’s Ministry budget. 130 Scugog St. Bowmanville, ON. L1C3J6 (905) 623-5032
9. Purchases supplies/resources for the Children’s Ministry within the budget parameters as approved by Administrative Council.
10. Encourages communication, partnership and relationship building between parents and volunteer leaders.
11. Provides updates and communication to the congregation through the bulletin, newsletter, website and other social media.
12. Provides leadership and support to children in grades 3 through 8 through a girls (GEMS) and a boys (Cadets) program.
13. Maintains accurate database of children and volunteers participating in the Children’s Ministry in conjunction with the Office Administrator.
14. Maintains current police checks and volunteer profiles for volunteers.
15. Maintains contact with the children’s parents from the community, making referrals where appropriate or requested to the Pastor.
16. Develops outreach strategies and programming to engage community families.
17. Provides leadership and support to a one week annual program for kids (Vacation Bible School).
18. Ensures that appropriate childcare is maintained for babies and toddlers during church services.
19. Continuously educates and updates personal knowledge in the area of Children’s Ministry.
20. Is available, or arranges for a leader, to supervise, assist and provide support during Children’s Ministry programs.
21. Participates as a member of the Staff Team.
This position is for approximately 15 hours a week. Compensation is based on education and experience.
Position: YOUTH DIRECTOR
The Director/Pastor of Clarington Youth NETWORK (CYN) position exists to direct the leadership
teams for the participating youth ministries across the Clarington area. This ministry is a collaborative initiative by local churches and engages youth from grades 9-12 creating experiences designed to open hearts and minds, while growing in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Pastor/Director of Clarington Youth Network should interpret this position as a ministry to and
with the people of God, our guests and non-church attenders. They must share in our desire to be a light to the world and our commitment to spread the good news of God’s grace through Christ in our community. They must express, through work and deed, a genuine commitment to Jesus Christ and all His people.
Description of Responsibilities
The Pastor/Director of Youth Ministries will provide oversight and leadership by:
1. Leading and overseeing all ministries and activities linked to our Clarington YOUTH
a. Engage and equip the individual supporting leader groups from each of the participating churches in the development of a vision for the CYN
b. Communicate and implement the vision for the ministries to and through these
partnering church communities.
2. Ensuring all respective programs, leaders and activities adhere to the Safe Church policy as
laid out by the Safe Church Oversight Committee.
3. Develop a strategic planning process whereby the objective and fruits of this ministry align
with the Vision and Mission of CYN while aligning with the partner churches strategic plans by
confirming, modifying, deleting or adding goals; preparation of Action Plans; and monitoring of
progress through the year.
4. Participate in partner church staff meetings as necessary to ensure healthy communication
channels, coordination of activities and maintaining linkages to the overall mission of the Church in Clarington. 130 Scugog St. Bowmanville, ON. L1C3J6 (905) 623-5032
5. Adhering to the approved budget for the ministries under your direction, and submitting to the
Boards practices/processes for budget planning and extra-curricular spending.
6. Ensuring that all relevant “stakeholders”, that is, participating churches, parents and outside
parties, are aware of the activities of the ministry through effective communication. (Church
meetings, Social Media, e-mails, etc.)
7. Current activities include. This schedule is open to change.
a. Wednesday 3:30 – 8:30 – Drop in starting at 3:30. Organize and prepare dinner for
youth. Coordinate and lead Small Groups from 7:00 – 8:00 with other Youth Leaders
b. Fridays. 7:00 – 10:00. – Organize various social and serving activities for the youth
c. Coordinate and attend a week long Serve mission trip through Youth Unlimited or similar
that takes place in the summer.
d. Prepare and lead various fundraising events for Youth Serve Trips
e. Coordinate and attend the All Ontario Youth Convention that takes place on the May
f. Connect one on one with youth for mentoring and support.
g. Coordinate and attend fall or winter retreat for the Youth.
The Director of Clarington Youth Network (CYN) will be responsible to the Board of Directors – a
group made up of a minimum of 2 Pastor representatives from each church, covenanted to prayerfully and financially support this mission in Clarington. Together they will establish goals and priorities to assist in job growth and ministry performance evaluations.
The Pastor/Director of Clarington Youth Network will:
1. Coordinate and communicate with the youth leaders from each church, the Board and the
individual churches the youth programs, seasonal church events and special event services.
2. Acknowledge they are part of a Clarington Youth Movement. This will include but not be limited
to Equipping, Discipling, Service and Outreach and Social Events that foster relationships,
while engaging and uniting the youth of Clarington to be difference makers.
3. Emphasize relationships, foster the spirit of joy and grace, be loyal to the staff and volunteers,
recognizing the importance and role of each person joining them on mission.
4. Work cooperatively with the respective ministry teams to further the faith and educational
ministry within the local churches. They will also encourage growth in all the team members so
they continue to grow in learning and leadership experiences and opportunities.
Position Time Allotted
Current Youth related responsibilities are estimated at 20-25 hours a week.