The Brentwood, Children’s Minister-Groups and Leadership is responsible to the church, under the direction of the lead Children’s Minister for overseeing various ministries for children Grades 1-5 and their families. The role is designed to fit within an overall discipleship ministry vision of the spiritual development of leaders, children and their parents. The primary focuses of this Associate position are Children’s LIFE Groups, Impact and Vacation Bible School.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the lead Children’s Minister and Children’s Ministry team in providing ministry to children in Grades 1-5 and their
- Support the lead Children’s Minister and Children’s Ministry team as we plan and move children and their families to be on mission through Mission Journeys, Gospel Conversations and the Discipleship making process of disciples making disciples.
- Oversee all aspects of Children’s LIFE Groups including volunteer enlistment and training, communication to volunteers and parents and curriculum
- Supervise and coordinate the part-time Wing Coordinator positions that work with Children’s LIFE
- Oversee all aspects of the Impact discipleship program (Wednesday PM) including volunteer enlistment and training, communication to volunteers and parents and small group Also, plan the weekly lessons based on curriculum and help teach the Biblical content.
- Oversee the Impact Music coordinator and serve as the liaison between children’s music and the Worship Ministry to coordinate opportunities for children to be involved in leading
- Assist with planning and leadership of special children’s ministry events such as Vacation Bible School, camp and mission Take the lead role in coordinating Vacation Bible School.
- Serve as a counselor with children and families in matters of salvation, baptism and in matters of personal and family
- Assist the lead Children’s Minister in any policy making guidelines or Help clarify and enforce any new policies or guidelines.
- Assist the lead Children’s Minister in gathering names of potential leaders and Utilize the Mission & Vision and PLACE class participants as potential volunteers.
- Participate in leader training, self-development opportunities and local meetings with Childhood Ministry groups as
- Participate in ministry visits to children, families and volunteers connected to the Children’s
- Participate in all ideation of new strategies to be taken by the children’s ministry
- Attend and participate in all quarterly meetings held by the Senior Leadership
- Attend weekly Children’s Ministry team planning
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as an assigned rotation as the Minister on Call and the Minister on
- Be available for conducting baptisms for children and families when
- Serve as a conference leader, speaker or teacher when needed for volunteer and parent training
- Attend and participate in Childhood Department Leadership Team
- Collaborate with other discipleship ministers to develop a comprehensive plan for ministry to preschoolers through adults at
- Participate in planning and give direction, along with the Preschool Minister, to preschool events such as, leadership training and
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
- Effective in directing both resources and volunteers towards the accomplishment of goals
- Maximizes personal effectiveness by focusing on “must-dos” tasks
- Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
- Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
- Demonstrates flexibility, adapts well to changing priorities or situations
- Self-directed and proactive in accomplishing tasks without significant oversight
- Is willing to take on additional responsibilities with a “can-do” attitude
- Collaborates well with others to accomplish group tasks
- Clearly conveys expectations and priorities to volunteers
- Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
- Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
- Functions well in a team environment, regularly shares information and solicits feedback from others
- Demonstrates Christ-likeness and a commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Leads volunteers by serving and not by asserting control
- Utilizes emotional intelligence, is emotionally available to those he/she leads
- Invests in the development of others around him/her
- Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
- Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the KASH (knowledge, attitude, skills and habits) necessary to be successful in this role
- Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
- The gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities is appropriate and allows for future growth
- A personal sense of calling from God to vocational Christian ministry in general and to this particular area of
- Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Brentwood Baptist
- A mature Christian who is demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading,
- The proven ability to identify, equip and lead a team of
- Ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication
- A mature Christian who is growing in their personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and service
- An understanding of children’s ministry as a foundational ministry of the church
- Ability to lead a team of volunteers by casting vision for the ministry and organizing the skills and talents of those team members
- Ability to relate well to adults in the ministry as parents of children or ministry volunteers
- Knowledge of developmental stages for children grades 1-5 and ability to choose and implement appropriate programming for those stages
- Agreement with and the ability to enforce the Policies and Procedures of the Preschool/Children’s Ministry at Brentwood Baptist
- Effective communicator, both written and
- Proficiency in basic computer skills and software system
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience leading in a Children’s Ministry in a local church setting with at least 150 elementary-age
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.