ULTIMATE GOAL / OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
The Children’s Ministry (MRKids) Director leads the MRKids Ministry teams, while serving and striving to ignite a passion to follow Jesus in the lives of children and their families. The MRKids Director will provide leadership, vision and oversee opportunities for children that will Biblically educate, disciple and equip to live out the gospel in their homes, schools and lives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include percentage of time):
● Oversee and lead MRKids Ministry Staff (initially, this role will hire the Ministry Staff who will work under their leadership)
● Plan/Manage/supervise programs and initiate new projects/ideas
● Recruit and facilitate the training of all volunteers and volunteer teams
● Partner and communicate with families (we have roughly 271 member families with children ages 0 through grade 4, totaling 609 children)
● Manage budget, ministry space needs and Child Protection Policy
● Serve as staff representative (Lead Staff) and work alongside Mitchell Road Christian Academy (MRCA)
● Work with the Youth staff to ensure a cohesive philosophy for children ages 0 through High School
● Hire and supervise summer interns with summer programming
● Promote MRKids ministry to the larger church body and new members
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
• College degree required with two to five years of experience working in children’s ministry (large church staff) or in a non-profit organization or equivalent preferred. Master’s degree would be beneficial.
• Love children; flexibility to adapt to a variety of support requests with a joyful and serving spirit.
• Ability to fully embrace the vision and values of MRPC and become a member.
• Strong proficiency in multi-tasking, responding to multi-directional requests, maintaining a big picture perspective while attending to small details.
• Winsome personality who can compel, motivate and encourage volunteers who work with MRKids currently, and who might serve in the future as the Director leads.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point.
• Ability to maintain utmost level of confidentiality and integrity.
• Possesses excellent relational skills with children and adults.
• Possesses aptitude in resourcing, developing, planning and implementation of age and grade appropriate curriculum and activities.
STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS WHO REPORT TO YOU:
Sunday School & Kids Church Coordinator
Sunday Check-in Coordinator
Sunday Morning & Special Events Nursery Coordinator
Tuesday Mentor Moms Nursery Coordinator
Wednesday Mentor Moms Nursery Coordinator
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment with moderate noise and light traffic. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and requires the ability to work in a confined space while sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position description design does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned (or changed) at any time with or without notice.
Religious Worker not covered by FLSA, Not Entitled to Overtime or Minimum wage.