The Communications Director will create, organize, plan, and implement effective communications messages and strategies for/with church and community audiences across different mediums to include digital, print, and spoken word. The individual will support church and ministry leaders in conveying their vision and communications priorities to appropriate audiences. The Communications Director is responsible for working closely with the staff to provide quality support in the area of graphic design and communication. The Communications Director will practice personal disciplines that reflect the Christian faith and the ability to communicate that faith through witness and example.
• Unify and align communications.
• Own and manage the church’s brand/identity.
• Help strategize and plan communications/marketing for 6-12 months.
• Partner with ministries, meeting with them and creating communications plans to mobilize their specific audiences to respond.
• Ensure high-quality and high-impact communications are created for both internal and external audiences.
• Keep social media and website fresh and engaging.
• Lead and manage volunteers to help implement communications strategies and tactics.
• Collect and tell stories of life change.
• Photograph/video (or delegate this task) the congregation/members on Sundays, mission trips, VBS, etc.
• Carry out the day-to-day tasks of facilitating communications/marketing
• Is a person who believes that the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the Word of God, and contain all things necessary to salvation, and who is committed to Jesus Christ and to growing in a mature relationship with
• Will sign and live by the All Saints’ policy of “Biblical Standards of Sexual Morality” as adopted by the Vestry.
• Fully embraces and endeavors to live by the biblical moral and ethical standards as taught and embraced by the Anglican Church in North America and All Saints’ Church.
• Will be committed to regular prayer, including regular participation in the Prayer Room and will seek intercessors to pray regularly for him or her.
• Leads and functions well in both teams and interpersonally to establish rapport with ministry leaders
• Is extremely organized and able to multitask
• Possesses a keen eye for detail as well as an eye for look and consistent branding
• Is teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority
• Is highly responsible, with consistent follow-through and a commitment to meet all deadlines
• Is flexible to facilitate changes from executive leadership or from unforeseen circumstances
• Improve communications processes, internally and externally, proactively and constantly
• Has strong oral and written communication skills
• Is a strong team player – leads with concern for the overall ministry of All Saints’ Church and not just communications
• Assesses and determines the most effective ways to communicate a message to its intended audience
• Understands vision cast by leadership and organizes communications messages in a way that best reflects church priorities
• Looks for creative ways to communicate existing church-wide and ministry programs that will evoke a positive response from the congregation and community
• Sits at the table with leadership and acts as an advocate for creative and clear communications
• Connects with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their ministries’ needs and wants
• Adapts written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated
• Pays attention to detail
• Receives input, suggestions, and critique
• Thorough knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
• Preferred experience: use of desktop publishing software to produce newsletters or an equivalent publication, particularly experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
• Familiarity with liturgical calendar and terminology is a plus, but can be learned
•Possess a working knowledge of [or ability to quickly learn] Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, and other Adobe products, Google Apps, content management systems, Web Design programs, HTML, and database usage
• Willingness to learn new communications technology and skills to maintain efficiency and relevance
• Proficient in printing and publication processes, particularly the differing needs across media (web vs. print)