The Communications Director will serve FBC Boerne by providing and overseeing effective communication to those within FBC Boerne as well as to those in the larger community. The essential functions of the Communications Director will be to oversee anything people will read, touch, or click that represents FBC Boerne.
The Communications Director will be a full-time exempt employee reporting to the Interim Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or relevant field,
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Publisher,
• Experience in traditional and social media marketing,
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning,
• Awareness of current marketing strategies and developments,
• Demonstration of creativity and immersion in social media (portfolio or links to profiles), relevant graphic design strategies and how to effectively communicate using graphics/media,
• Excellent writing and language skills,
• Experience in developing video productions,
• Ability to communicate with a variety of personalities and dispositions in order to achieve quality communication for all areas of church life,
• Superior time management skills,
• Flexible schedule with some weekend and evening hours expected,
• Experience capturing and analyzing data to improve communications reach,
• Must attend FBC Boerne as his/her home church.
• Develop and manage a master communications plan for FBC Boerne, including a communications calendar,
• Oversee all church-wide communications — printed and electronic,
• Generate, print, and distribute weekly worship programs, monthly newsletters and other printed material as needed,
• Keep website current and relevant in communicating the mission, vision, and core values of our FBC Boerne,
• Supervise webmaster to be sure the website is kept current with our ministries, calendar, sermon series, and other events,
• Oversee the management of all social media,
• Graphic design and display of scrolling announcements across campus,
• Collaborate with Worship and Pastoral ministries to enhance and create effective Sunday communication (announcements, videos, handouts in foyer),
• Support church ministries, programs, activities, and events with the creation of print and electronic communication,
• Strategize to increase the church’s visibility within the community,
• Oversee the creation of marketing packets (graphics, announcement slides, social media posts, print materials, t-shirts, etc.) for upcoming events,
• Create and publish press releases, print ads, other print marketing materials as needed,
• Oversee all video production church-wide (baptism interviews, video announcements, etc.),
• Attend weekly staff meetings,
• Other duties as assigned by the Interim Executive Director.
DESIRABLE CHARACTERISTICS FOR COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR:
• An Advocate for FBC Boerne,
• Highly Motivated,
• Self Disciplined,
• Passionate about connecting with current and future members,
• Able to work independently or as a team member,
• Excellent organizational and leadership abilities,
• Ability to multitask.