SUMMARY: The Director of Marketing and Communications will lead a creative team of staff and volunteers focused on branding all the ministries of Connect Church through story and creative outlets, both online and in print.
ABOUT US: Connect Church has been reaching the Boston MetroWest region with the gospel of Jesus Christ for 40 years through six ministries that include Connect Church, MetroWest Christian Academy, Early Learning Centers and Connect Caribbean Mission. The Connect team is approximately 140 people serving in six locations throughout the Boston MetroWest region and the Caribbean. The Academy and Early Learning Centers serve 500+ children weekly.
Connect Church is a multi-site congregation which pre-COVID gathered 1,000+ people in weekly worship experiences through an online campus and two physical campus locations. Connect Church currently offers online services with plans to launch two new locations (for a total of four physical and one online campuses) when physical gatherings resume.
The Director of Marketing and Communications must be:
1. A devoted follower of Jesus Christ and willing to sign the Connect Statement of Faith 2. A current member of Connect Church or willing to become a member within 3 months 3. Able to fully support Connect United values and operational beliefs.
- Brand creation and management. Build a cohesive brand strategy for all ministries in a way that produces clarity, inspires engagement and remains recognizably Connect.
- Marketing. Develop and execute marketing and promotion strategies across multiple channels, particularly digital. Responsible for multiple websites, social media platforms, and print materials. Conduct research and analyze data to create strategies that reach people disconnected from God and the ministries of Connect.
- Content creation and storytelling. Provide direction to the creation of content for all branding and marketing – graphic design, photography, video, etc. Collaborate with the Worship Pastor and Teaching team to support worship experiences with creative content and visual support. Execute a process that gives every ministry access to multiple stories of what God is up to right now though Connect.
- Copywriting. Provide written copy for digital and print publications.
- Build teams. Mobilize Dream Teams (Connect’s volunteers) to make a difference in the marketingand creative space. Create strategies and systems for support the management and execution ofwork through teams – social media, graphic design, photography, videography, etc.
- Develop leaders. Equip others to do the work of ministry. Engage in tough conversations in a life-giving way so leaders mature.
- Build scale. Build communication and marketing systems that will support the ministry as it grows.
- Manage finances. Build budgets and manage finances related to areas of oversight.
- Work in harmony with all staff and Dream Team leaders. Contribute to the development of thedigital future of the ministry.
- Other essential duties as requested.