Modesto Christian Reformed Church is seeking a part-time (10-15 hours a week) Praise Team Leader and Piano Accompanist. Modesto CRC has been blessed with a love for music and broad musical talent. This and our commitment to Reformed theology make up important elements of our worship services.
An essential characteristic of this position is that the individual has a servant heart and looks upon their God given gifts with humility. The general responsibilities would be to provide the piano accompaniment during Sunday morning worship in traditional as well as contemporary styles. This would include leading and accompanying the Praise team and accompanying the adult and children’s choir. The Praise Team Leader/Accompaniest will have training and experience in piano.
This position will require the coordination of the Praise Team, including planning music, arranging for praise team singers and accompanists. He or she may have the ability to arrange music as needed.
This part-time position entails reporting to and working with the Lead Pastor in creating a meaningful worship service on a weekly basis. Summer hours will be reduced as choir practice is on hiatus.
Our Mission: To worship joyfully and to glorify God; we also desire to equip, nurture, and care for our fellow believers and earnestly share Jesus Christ with others, enfolding them into His church.
Purpose: Lead and equip the congregation by means of the music ministries and work with the pastor to plan inspiring worship which glorifies God.
- Provide accompaniment to MCRC’s music ensembles including but not limited to:
- Adult Choir – approximately 30 voices
- Children’s Choir – approximately 20 voices
- Praise Team – approximately 4 band members and 3 song leaders
- Provide accompaniment to special services through-out the year such as Christmas Service, and special concerts during the year.
- Be available to practice with music ensembles.
- Be available to provide music for weddings and funerals.
- Possesses spiritual maturity with a strong sense of calling to the area of music.
- Possesses a servant heart and humility for their God given gifts.
- Works well alongside pastors, staff, congregation, and volunteers
- Is an encourager
- Possesses strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Understands and appreciates Reformed worship and the distinction between performance and worship
- Pays special attention to unifying musical styles, primarily, traditional and contemporary
- Is organized and plans ahead
- Is enthusiastic, innovative, and open to new ideas and direction
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Ability to engage the congregation in worship using a wide range of Christian music genres
- Commitment to excellence in keyboard instruments and/or voice and overall musicianship
- Bachelor’s degree in music or related field
- Experience with music software (Finale is a plus)
- Willingness to cultivate connections in the local music community
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in a musical leadership role in a church or worship setting
Compensation package will be reimbursement on hourly basis.