Overview: Responsible for leading the music ministries for worship services and other church events, developing, arranging, and creating music for congregation, choirs and instrumentalists; leading the music for worship services, mentoring and developing worship leaders, coordinating with the student ministry to provide training and mentoring for student worship leaders, and to provide administration for the music ministry.
1. Develop, arrange, create, and conduct music for congregation, choirs, and instrumentalists for all worship
a) Arrange for special music during services, either by adult ensembles, youth or children’s choirs, soloists,
or by guest singers or musicians.
b) Plan and facilitate concerts and special services as appropriate opportunities or requests arise.
c) Play/coordinate sound and AV/lead in funerals of services of church members.
2. Lead the worship music for services.
a) Meet weekly with Sr. Pastor or preaching pastor of the week to plan services, including private research
and music selection or adaptation.
b) Participate in weekly staff meetings.
c) Schedule and direct practices for the choir and/or worship team.
d) Spend time in personal music preparation to lead the music for the worship services.
e) Lead the church in music and song on Sunday mornings, including delegating a team for all set-up and
teardown of mics, stands, etc.
3. Provide leadership, coordination and administration for the music ministry.
a) Meet quarterly with the worship committee for planning and review.
b) Oversee music ministry budget and expenditures.
c) Order music and other music ministries materials as needed.
d) Coordinate the A/V team training and equipment needs.
e) Coordinate the PowerPoint presentations.
f) Coordinate instrument and equipment maintenance.
g) Oversee and approve stage organization for worship services, concerts, and other events.
h) Interview, hire, develop, and supervise and accompanist.
4. Mentor and disciple participants in the music ministry, developing future worship leaders and servants.
a) Establish, coordinate, and lead the choir, worship team, and other ensembles.
b) Recruit and develop choir members, musicians, instrumentalists and soloists from the congregation.
c) Develop children’s participation in worship in collaboration with the Children’s Ministry Director.
5. Collaborate with the Student Ministry Director in developing the student ministry worship team.
a) Work with Student Ministry Director in training student ministry worship team for participation in corporate worship, as well as supporting the youth ministry worship.
b) Lead and develop student musicians as needed
Note: Depending on the candidate’s qualifications, availability, and the Lord’s Good Providence, this may be classified either a Part-Time or Full-Time position, at the discretion of the Session of Chapin Presbyterian Church.
● The candidate must be musically capable (piano and/or guitar) to lead traditional and modern hymnody -i.e.
Doctrinally sound, biblically rich, elegant to the ear. The candidate must be passionate about worship (Loving the Lord with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength) and demonstrate a gifting to INVITE others into the worship they themselves love.
● Must have demonstrated ability in leading a Christian Church music program.
● Music background by education or experience and teaching ability sufficient to coach and guide all the members of the music ministry.
● Must be committed to Reformed Theology.
● Must demonstrate a gifting to effectively lead & engage others in worship, strong leadership, organizational
and communications skills required to effectively collaborate with staff, choir members, and other ministries such as youth, children’s, etc.
● Candidate must be diplomatic, self-disciplined, and enthusiastic.
● Needs Choir Conducting experience.
Please send résumés by email or mail them to Chapin Presbyterian Church 600 Old Lexington Hwy. Chapin, SC 29036-7978