The Worship Director will be responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive music program at Lakeside. He or she will be responsible for crafting worship services in collaboration with the Pastor for both the contemporary and traditional worship services. In addition, he or she will be responsible for musical oversight on special occasions (i.e., Christmas, Easter, weddings, funerals), and other music ministry as needed.
Qualification for the Director shall include but not be limited to:
• A believer in Jesus,
• A peace maker
• A gifting to lead God’s people in singing.
• A gifting to read music and direct the choir.*
• A gifting to lead a contemporary worship team.*
• A gifting to play piano and/or guitar is preferred.
• A knowledge of traditional and contemporary worship music genres.*
• An ability to select music which responds to the word preached.
• A gifting in organization and communication.
• An ability to work within a budget.
• Familiarity with software programs desired (Planning Center, ProPresenter).
• The ability to manage the sound, lighting, and worship projection in the worship service
• Be part of the faith community at Lakeside.
• Meet w/ Senior Pastor weekly to plan the thoughtful worship of God.
• Participate in weekly staff meeting with a genuine concern for all areas of the church;
• Prepare and direct the Choir (weekly rehearsals & communication)
• Prepare and lead the Worship Team (weekly rehearsals & communication).
• Select and order music as needed for Choir and Worship Team;
• Manage the pianist and organist, A/V staff, and any other personnel hired to assist with
• Coordinate weekly worship media:
• Organize A/V – schedule sound board operator and video operator weekly.
• Prepare slides for worship services (songs, creed, prayers, etc.)
• The same would be expected for special services (funeral, wedding, other)
• Maintain church instruments (schedule tuning/repair as needed)
• Arrange for the maintenance, replacement , or repair of sound and media equipment
• Oversee the upkeep of worship equipment (robes, music literature, band instruments, etc.)
• Chair the Worship Committee which meets approximately 6x annually.
SALARY AND REPORTING
• The Worship Director position at Lakeside is a 30hr per week position.
• The base salary and benefits are negotiable and reviewed annually.
• The Director is allowed 4 Sundays off annually.
• He or she is expected to make arrangements for excellence in worship in his or her
• The Worship Director shall report to the head of staff/pastor.
• Annual performance reviews will come via the Session elders.
Interested applicants should submit resumes and audition videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.