Reporting to the Director of Music & Arts, the Director of Youth Music & Arts has a teacher’s heart and a gifts for leading vibrant, innovative, and spiritual music experiences for youth ages 6th – 12 grades. The successful candidate will revive, create and implement an expanded youth music experience.
As a staff member, this position is responsible for promoting a loving atmosphere fostering effective working relationships with staff/non-staff workers, church membership and volunteers.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct Youth vocal choirs
- Works closely with the Director of Music & Arts to design a strategy for spiritual growth through music & arts
- Assists in development of an annual calendar for Music & Arts Directors and Leaders
- Prepare and distribute communications to Parents, Youth Ministry and Music & Arts Ministry around upcoming Youth events
Candidates must be proficient in the following areas:
- Direct Youth choirs
- MS Office Suite
Candidates must possess the following to be considered for this position:
- Self-motivated that strives for excellence, embraces inclusiveness, and contributes to diversity of our art form
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in communications with children of all ages, parents, staff, congregational members, volunteers, and community members
- Results oriented with strong aptitude in planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through
- Ability to execute and provide creative paths forward
Must be honest, principled, and courageous; must possess utmost integrity, be honest and respectful in all dealings with church members, colleagues and the public.
The candidate should possess:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in music and arts with a detailed knowledge and practice with young children.
- An undergraduate degree in with a BS or BFA in Music and/or experience performing and leading a Youth music program
- A welcoming spirit and desire to help
SCHEDULE AND HOURS
This position is expected to work 4-hours per week subject to change with consent from the Director of Music & Arts and the Senior Pastor. A daily/weekly schedule of work time will be discussed and agreed upon hire. This position is not eligible for benefits.
This position must also:
- Pass a full criminal background check
- Understand and support the vision of Trinity United Methodist Church
- Perform miscellaneous tasks or duties in support of the daily operation of the organization