● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
● Have a caring attitude, excellent people skills, high integrity, and exercise strict discretion and confidentiality
● Self-motivated, creative problem-solver
● Proactive organizational and coordinating skills
● Collaborative team member
● Effective communicator (via phone, email, in person)
● Solid experience with MS Office, Google apps, and cloud systems
● Working knowledge of standard office equipment (copiers, phone, computer, etc.)
● A commitment to the mission of Trinity and the NAE
● Solid and growing Christian faith
KEY MINISTRY OBJECTIVES
Assistant to the Pastor for Leadership–President of the National Association of Evangelicals
● Coordinate and manage the daily calendar for pastoral and NAE work.
● Plan and track appointments, events, travel, and expenses.
● Manage the Pastor’s email and phone communication.
● Serve as a “gatekeeper” for the Pastor while ensuring everyone with an inquiry is served in a friendly manner.
● Facilitate the timely execution of the Pastor’s responsibilities and objectives by designing and maintaining organizational tools and communication practices, as well as briefing and preparing the Pastor for meetings, deadlines, and projects.
● Draft and/or edit correspondence on behalf of the Pastor, including agendas, memoranda, reports, emails, and other documents to ensure excellent communication.
● Attend and support monthly NAE meetings, bi-annual board meetings, and seasonal events in Washington, DC, and elsewhere.
● Coordinate meetings and projects as assigned by the Pastor.
● Manage all telephone calls and emails to the Pastor’s office. Review and prioritize phone calls, emails, and written correspondence for the Pastor.
● Communicate with volunteer teams that serve the Pastor.
● Set up meeting spaces, virtual and physical, including occasional shopping trips.
● Maintain an electronic and paper file system.
Assist Session (under Pastor for Leadership)
● Schedule Session and special meetings.
● Prepare agendas with Clerk and Moderator to maintain minutes and records.
● Follow-up with Clerk to get minutes in a timely fashion.
● Maintain all Session archives.
● Maintain records of attendance and data for Session members.
● Prepare annual reports.
● Work with ODMT to manage Officer Training and election process.
● Keep documents of 5-year plan, sabbatical policy, etc., as adopted by Session.
● Prepare annual review of Sessional Records for Presbytery of the Blue Ridge.
● Organize food or snacks for each meeting.
● Maintain records of seminary students and scholarships.
● Develop system to track mentoring of those under care of the Session.
ODMT – Officer Development Ministry Team (under Pastor for Leadership)
● Develop follow-up care with candidates and mentors.
● Assist Chair to develop schedule so that the process is repeatable and sustainable.
● Oversee calendar of responsibilities.
● Get information for nomination form.
● Make ballots.
● Gather and file information for each nominee.
● Attend monthly meeting.
Assistant to the Managing Director
● Maintain Trinity’s program and staff scheduling.
● Provide administrative support.
● Run background checks for new staff, Fellows, and volunteers.
● Assist with church-wide events and meetings.
● Research using internal databases and resources to inform decision-making.