The EP/AP is responsible for the execution of the vision of The Jar under the leadership of the Senior Pastor. The EP/AP is to assist the Senior Pastor in overseeing the life and direction of the church. The EP/AP will align staff, key leadership teams, and volunteers with its mission. The EP/AP will also ensure that the systems, practices, and policies of the church will responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
1. Support to the Senior Pastor
* The AP/EP will establish and maintain a strong and effective working relationship with the Senior Pastor.
* Communicate accurately the vision and values of the Senior Pastor.
* In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, the EP/AP is responsible for annual development of goals and objectives of the church within the strategic plan and operating budget approved by the Elders and Trustees.
* Willingness to be trained in the performance of weddings, funerals and teachings as determined by the Senior Pastor.
2. Staff Supervision and Development
* Supervising and coaching staff as it relates to day-to-day ministry and operational activities.
* Responsible to report to Senior Pastor the progress of the staff toward their goals.
* Facilitates the staff meetings and creates an agenda with the Senior Pastor.
* Overseeing training and development.
* Implementing hiring and dismissal process with guidance from the Senior Pastor.
* Conducting performance evaluations and providing on-going informal feedback.
* Overseeing administration of office by working with secretary.
* Ensuring the church’s technology infrastructure creates efficiencies and allows for continued ministry growth and innovations.
* Ensure that the facilities and grounds are kept in “newness” condition and provide leadership for hired staff responsible for these areas.
* Develop budget with the Senior Pastor and trustees that fulfills the vision of The Jar.
* Establish relationship with Muncie Civic Theater business manager to ensure an effective and healthy partnership between organizations.
4. Execution of Volunteer Strategy
* Management and Development of volunteer recruitment.
* Point leader for all volunteer coaches, leaders and teams.
* Placement of Volunteers into active serving roles according to their individual talents and gift sets.
* Respond to requests from staff for volunteers.
* Follow up and affirm that regular service is defined as at least once a month.
* Train staff on volunteer care and retention.
* Creating an environment and a strategy that welcomes new guests and provides clearly communicated next steps toward connection.
* Developing a systematic and effective effort to connect people into volunteer opportunities and serving roles.
* Planning and coordinating periodic seminars, retreats, etc. to facilitate growth opportunities.
5. Communication Flow
* Responsible for creating an environment that provides two-way communication between the congregation and church leadership.
* Removing barriers that keep people from connecting.
* Evaluating messages and materials in the context of guest perspectives.
* Communicating effectively with partners and attendees.
The Jar values candidates who are lifelong learners. Proven leadership experience is important, and this individual should be theologically grounded. However, a formal theological classroom education is not a requirement for selection.
* Minimum of five years in leadership and administration.
* Proven experience executing and managing people and goals.
* Proven in managing day-to-day operations of a staff/team.
* Proven experience in managing staff to high levels of performance and motivation.
* Proven experience in building effective teams.
* Familiar with church growth and church health.
* Familiar with and embraces outward-focused church perspective.
* Loyalty and dedication to The Jar’s vision, values and leadership.
* High emotional and relational intelligence.
* Spiritually mature Christian with consistent and long-term track record of Christ-like behavior.
* Effective problem solver; skilled in healthy conflict resolution.
* Effective collaborator; team player and team builder.
* Encouraging, motivating, clear and effective communicator.
* Organizational and information systems orientation.