The Executive Director of the Grow Center for Church and Mission designs and directs a division of Northern Seminary that provides training for starters (“Two Years to Grow”), offers micro-credentials and certificate training for churches and church leaders, and connects participants through an online platform for growth.
The director will demonstrate proficiency in these values.
International, Interracial, Intercultural and Mutual
We are strongest when we reflect the breadth of Christ’s church through intentional efforts to be agents of reconciliation and people who affirm the equal calling of women and men to lead the church and engage the world. Our graduates, faculty and staff demonstrate God’s love around the world and across lines of culture, race and gender.
The Gospel is best proclaimed and shared by equipped church leaders who are committed to mission, prayer, faith, compassion. Five students in San Antonio are living that mission, and while students at Northern, they have planted four new congregations.
We best serve our students and their churches when we are resourceful, strategic and capable, relying on integrity to guide all interactions.
We long to be in relationship with God and his world as we pursue His wisdom and study His Word.
• Agreement. Complies with the Seminary Faith and Community Standard statements.
• Interpersonal Relationships. Promotes harmony and cooperation within working relationships; receives and makes assignments well; effectively addresses and resolves conflicts with others
• Innovation. Experience with the “jobs to be done” model of innovation. Understands design thinking and can apply this model to programming. The director will be gifted apostolically/entrepreneurially.
• Initiative and Self-Reliance. Takes action without direction; uses sound judgment in decision making; looks for new and better ways to accomplish goals
• Trust and Integrity. Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values; practices what he or she preaches
• Compliance. Complies with all federal guidelines related to FERPA and Higher Education
• Communication. Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Technology. Technologically fluent and able to use Populi or similar database
• Teamwork. Comfortable working in a team environment
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for success.
•Commitment to the mission, values and faith statement of Northern Seminary
•A Terminal degree is preferred or demonstrated competence in the field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
•Minimum of 3 years’ experience in designing and innovating new programs.
•Evidence of achieving, exceeding annual goals
Affiliate Faculty Member of Northern Seminary
Direct the Grow Center for Church and Mission
• Oversight of assistant directors of Church Planting Institute and New Kind of Preacher program.
Training for starters (“Two Years to Grow”)
• Pilot “a year to grow” and implement the findings of Northern’s Design Sprint
• Report regularly to foundations and givers who have contributed to the program
• Align program with Northern priorities
Offer Micro-Credentials and Certificate Training
• Direct and design courses to help churches and church leaders innovate and solve problems.
• Oversee current certificate program that includes but is not limited to Africa Pastoral. Training Program, National Baptist Congress Training, and American Baptist certification.
• Work closely with faculty to offer co-curricular training in Faith, Work, and Economics.
Connect Participants through Online Platform
• Scale the Grow Center by designing an online platform that integrates with the Northern Seminary system and provides ongoing course content from the Year to Grow and Certificate Programs.
• Provide opportunities for Northern cohorts to reunite at Grow Center events
Strategic Plan Responsibilities
1. Oversee implementation of the Grow Center for Church and Mission
1. Upholds the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality
2. Effectively coordinates activities with other departments
3. Handles multiple projects simultaneously
4. Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively
5. Works collaboratively in a team environment
6. Other duties as assigned.
Staff meetings are monthly.
Department meetings are weekly.
Must be able to travel outside of Chicagoland via plane in order to engage with donors, churches, and students
Office environment – ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
Use of computer – must be able to use computer and interface with technology at a desk and via mobile technology.
Must be able to lift more than 35 pounds and set up a “convention style” booth.
Must provide own form of transportation
Equal Opportunity Employer/Statement of Faith:
• Northern Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates.
• Northern Seminary seeks candidates who are dedicated followers of Christ, have a sincere desire to be an integral part of the mission of the Seminary, and demonstrated commitment to Northern’s statement of faith and standard of conduct.
Northern’s vision is to lead the church and engage the world by providing sustainable facilities, training successful students and strengthening churches.