Harvest Bible Chapel Annapolis (HBCA; www.harvestannapolis.org) is a growing, 4 ½ year old church in Severn, Maryland; a fast-growing suburban area outside of Annapolis. HBCA is centrally located between Baltimore and Washington, D.C. and is a member of the Great Commission Collective church planting network. Our mission is to glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission & our vision is: One Mission, One Church, One Family.
This position will serve as a ministry partner to the Senior Pastor to help execute and lead out the mission and vision of the church. We are looking for a servant leader with strong ministry experience (potentially a retired pastor) who is a teacher and equipper with strong administrative abilities. This person will oversee discipleship ministries and small groups within the church, develop and train leaders, and be available to both teach and preach. The Executive Pastor of Ministry will help lead and carry out the overall mission and vision of the church to multiply disciples as we fulfill the Great Commission for the glory of God. There is flexibility in hours and days worked.
SPIRITUAL & CHARACTER QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a growing, personal relationship with Him
- Have a strong commitment to personal study of Bible, prayer and the spiritual disciplines
- Meet the Biblical qualifications for an overseer (I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
- Be a self-starter who pursues excellence with drive, passion and initiative
- Have a teachable and humble spirit and be willing to be held accountable
- Be willing to submit to and support both the Sr. Pastor and the elder leadership
- Be a team player willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish the mission with joy
- Be a servant leader who vibrantly and joyfully loves God and God’s Church
- Be a strong communicator and connector with people, committed to multiplying disciples
- Be aligned with HBCA’s doctrine and support the ministry philosophy and vision of HBCA
- If married, have a healthy and Godly marriage and be the spiritual leader of your home
- Have strong Biblical knowledge and ability to teach and correctly handle God’s Word
- Be actively engaged in a small group and live a life committed to multiplying disciples
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Spiritual maturity and significant ministry experience in lay and/or vocational ministry roles
- Be a proven team builder, equipper, team player, and multiplier with some operational experience
- Experienced and able to teach and preach God’s Word in a clear, accurate, compelling and applicational style
- Experience in shepherding, leading and training people in a church context through existing ministry teams, volunteer leaders, staff, and small group leaders.
- COLLABORATE: Help develop and execute the strategy to fulfill both the mission and vision of Harvest.
- EQUIP: Help develop and oversee a discipleship pathway where people continue to grow in Christ as they worship Christ, walk with Christ and work for Christ
- TEACH/PREACH: Teach discipleship and equipping classes, help develop and train ministry leaders, and preach 6-12 times a year.
- SMALL GROUPS: Oversee Small Groups and possibly other ministries including coaching and caring for leaders, training new leaders, managing curriculum and overseeing Biblical Soul Care.
SPECIAL PROJECTS/OTHER DUTIES
All staff members, including the Executive Pastor of Ministry, are expected to model flexibility, a willingness to take part in church activities and initiatives that may be outside their normal day-to-day responsibilities and to model servant leadership in their positions at all times.
- Degree in a related field or commensurate experience preferred
This job description is subject to review and revision.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS POSITION:
- Please submit a resume with references and a video of you preaching (if available) to Senior Pastor, Dan Hammer at: [email protected]