The Executive Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support to FPC pastors, session, councils and committees. Other responsibilities include worship support and assisting with congregational needs.
Minimum high school diploma and 3 years’ experience in an office environment. Must be proficient in the use of office equipment, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Publisher. Must possess strong organizational and language skills, as well as the ability to interact well with others. Must have a strong Christian faith.
Works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts correspondence and various other documents and maintains information files
- Receives visitors, relays telephone messages, and schedules meetings, weddings, baptisms and funerals
- Prepares worship guides for weekly and special services
- Assists in the planning and preparation of funeral bulletins
- Drafts session docket; records and transcribes minutes of monthly meetings
- Tracks and maintains data of Sunday visitors, and initiates invitation lists for new member orientation and receptions
- Tracks worship attendance
- Coordinates homebound communion and elder officiant teams
- Relays important dates and information to Councils and Committees
- Maintains session records and membership rolls
- Compiles yearly statistical data and reports to General Assembly and Presbytery
- Orders office supplies, books, resources, etc.
- Recruits and oversees various office volunteers
- Other tasks as necessary
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills; ability to multi-task and make responsible decisions; good proof-reading and editing skills are helpful
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with other staff members and volunteers
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently with little supervision, and the ability to work under deadline
- Responsible in handling sensitive and confidential information and situations
This is a full-time position. Normal work hours are 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through
Friday; including evening Session meetings once a month.
Performance Review Period:
Performance review will be conducted annually by the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff.