• Provide overall management and operation of children and family programming, as well as other ministries or specially planned events that may be implemented or arise from time to time.
• Develop, foster, and grow relationships with parents and communicate effectively regarding child development, general development of the ministry, and specific events involving their child.
• Work to foster and develop a strong relationship in Christ to the children of the ministry including assisting in leading those children to Christ and maturing those children in developing a strong relationship with Christ thereafter.
• Oversee the Family Ministry Department including preparing the department requests for budget purposes and implementing and following the budget as approved by the church.
• Provide education training and other opportunities to parents that enable them to better minister and train their children spiritually.
• Act as liaison between parents and church leadership in addressing family needs for children’s spiritual growth.
• Coordinate the scheduling of activities with other church ministries and work together where appropriate to minister to church families and to build bridges with non-member families.
• Manage and develop a preschool coordinator and staff to oversee the preschool and nursery areas and maintain direct responsibility for the programming instituted therein.
• Utilize a social media platform, in conjunction with other church ministries, to engage families within the community and market community-related activities.
• Recruit, train, equip, and develop volunteer teams to effectively minister to children and their families.
• Work in conjunction with the Minister of Community Engagement and Activities to better utilize the Christian Life Center in programming events for children and families.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
• Love of Christ and demonstrated relationship with Him through prayer, worship, and study.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e Christian Ministry, early childhood education, or elementary education) and/or previous experience in family or children’s ministry, with seminary education preferred.
• Enthusiastic, creative, and fun demeanor.
• Be able to present the Gospel in a clear, confident, and concise manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively with church families, guests, and staff.
• Flexibility in scheduling to work some nights and weekends.
• Ability to handle conflict and make decisions on short notice when necessary.