The Ministry Mechanics are excited to partner with Mountain View Church (MV.Church) on another Staffing Search to find their next High School Director. MV.Church has been around for several years and is reaching thousands in greater Phoenix area. They are a non-denominational, progressive church with multiple weekend experiences. They have an average weekend attendance of 2500.
This is an amazing opportunity to get involved with a growing and thriving church. Check out this video link for a sneak peak of MV.Church.
Think you may be the right person for the job? Send your resume to [email protected].
TITLE: HIGH SCHOOL DIRECTOR
REPORT TO: Student Ministries Pastor
WORKS WITH: Student Ministry Staff
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
PRIMARY ROLE: The primary role of the High School Director is the creation and implementation of teaching and discipleship material, the organization and execution of events, overseeing the weekly weekend High School Celebration, the managing of the High School Ministry budget, and the recruitment and training of volunteer leaders.
The High School Director oversees all aspects of the High School Ministry: 9th-12th grades, including helping develop and implement the vision of Mountain View Church. The primary purpose of the High School Director is to win High School students to Christ; to disciple them in spiritual growth; to train them to serve Christ with their lives and create a passion within them to win their peers to Christ.
• Oversee the implementation of Mountain View Church’s vision of the High School Ministry
• Serve as primary leader and communicator for weekend High School Celebration
• Equip, recruit, train, and lead others in reaching students for Christ
• Plan, schedule and coordinate at least 4 group events per year
• Develop and sustain student and young adult leadership teams
• Provide oversight of High School students and volunteers
• Be acquainted with the personal lives of students (either directly or through the “Volunteer Staff”). For example, visit homes, attend school events and extra-curricular activities. This also includes being aware of current youth development and culture
• Foster open communication with parents/guardians
• Maintain teaching synergy with the rest of the Student Ministry department/team
• Must be a born-again believer with a maturing relationship with Christ • Must demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character
• Must agree/align with the vision, values and doctrinal statement of Mountain View Church
• Must be willing to engage with youth and volunteer leaders
• Must be sensitive to the needs and pressures of students with a knowledge of possible solutions
• Must be able to teach, train, and disciple student workers
• Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker
• Must be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team
• Must possess organizational and administrative abilities
• Must be able to respond to changing needs throughout the daily and weekly schedule
• Must have a passion to see the High School Ministry grow spiritually as well as numerically
• Must desire to be a part of a large church that wants to see its community won for Christ