The IT Service Desk Coordinator works independently and as part of the Service Desk team to support and maintain ELCA technology. This role primarily provides support via phone and remote control. It is pertinent that this person develops and demonstrates mastery of all ELCA business functions, applications and technology. They should exhibit strong communication skills in all customer and team interactions and offer exceptional customer support. They are responsible for ensuring that all problems and solutions are escalated and communicated in a timely manner.
1 . Customer Service
- Ensure timely resolution of IT requests by prioritizing, monitoring and handling tickets from open to close, escalating issues and documenting resolutions
- Triage incoming issues and provide technical support to end users via various modes (e.g., phone, email, log me in)
- Communicate effectively with both novice and proficient customers and end users
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent ELCA in all end user and customer interactions
- Advocate for the interests of end users within internal IT communications and meetings
- Deliver basic instructions and training, for all supported applications and hardware as needed
2. Principle Accountability | Technology Support
- Provide technical phone support for ELCA-provided IT services including, but not limited to, PC hardware, mobile devices (including tablets and smartphones), software and remote connectivity. This will include diagnostic, repair, and installation services for users throughout the organization.
- Respond to IT incidents and service requests as assigned by the IT Service Delivery Team Supervisor, or proxy, and follow established procedures to provide an accurate description of problem resolution.
- Assemble, disassemble, move or ship equipment as necessary.
- Work cooperatively with all IT staff and the user community for problem resolution.
3. Team Membership
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through an outward display of willingness
- Act in the interest of the overall team
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship within the IT and end user communities
- Create Knowledge Base articles to document problems and solutions
- Participate in the refinement and execution of IT and team initiatives
- Assist with inventory and asset control as needed
- Assist with projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as required
Infrequent air or automobile travel may be required to either support a remote site or attend training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see. Standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling may be required. The employee will need to lift boxes or materials up to 45 pounds. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Skills:
1. 2+ years of prior application support experience (customer service/call center)
2. 2+ years of prior desktop support experience (windows)
3. Experience supporting Windows 10, the MS Office Suite, VoIP telecommunications, Active Directory, and MS Exchange preferred
4. Strong Problem Solving skills
5. Exceptional customer service skills
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
7. Self-managed, motivated and team oriented
8. Ability to multi-task in a fluid work environment
9. Ability to follow tasks through to their completion with a high degree of accuracy and quality