We are seeking a Kid’s Ministry Director whose joy in Christ is contagious, and who can build this ministry to its potential! The right person will organize our dedicated volunteers to create an environment where kids love to come & hear Truth! Kid-magnets are welcome, 2+ years in organized teaching or Children’s ministry is essential. Our growing multi-generational church of 250 unites around the mission to make disciples and build families with Jesus at the center. With new church leadership & a fresh renovation in 2019, the sky is the limit to reach & bless the 5000 kids in a 10-mile radius! The KidMin Director reports to the Lead Pastor, is supported by several dozen volunteers, and functions as part of our Staff Team. This position is 15-20 hours, some fixed & some flexible. Experience & skills that boost this role:
- Current/recent serving in KidMin is Teaching background or KidMin training is a plus.
- Must excel as a planner that recruits and resources volunteers
- Ability to teach It’s okay to feel more comfortable with kids, but training adults is strategic
- Passion to help kids take next steps with
- Bring energy & love for kids that shapes the KidZone experience
We believe that God’s call flows from Character, Commitments, and Chemistry:
CHARACTER – “Do not let anyone look down on you…but set an example for the believers in speech, life, love, faith & purity” (1 Tim 4:12 / Titus 2:7). Being a ‘mold’ in attitudes and patterns that God presses others into. A desire to do all things by prayer and the Word, with Christ’s love at the center of it all!
COMMITMENTS – tender devotion to relationships & tough devotion to our Mission. A growing relationship with Jesus, LifeGroup, & family “Remain in me, and I will remain in you.” (Jn 15:4).
CHEMISTRY – contributing to an atmosphere of love, teamwork, & enthusiasm for outreach. Upholding the Vision, Values, & teaching that unite us. “Be devoted to one another in love. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord!” (Rom 12:9-10).
CORE RESULTS – in addition, these competencies will be keys to your success:
- Work under FBC Leadership to chart out & pull toward goals
- Communicate often and well with teams +
- Develop specials for kids & families with Leaders/Staff (Ex. KidMin Science, Kids Speaker, Fall Fest, etc.)
- Support Summer Sports Camp and Fun in the Son, alongside willing servants
- Align our Children’s Ministry efforts (Awana, S., Heritage Girls, Kids Church, etc.) under a clear purpose
- Give feedback to Leadership and solve problems as they arise
- Bring volunteers to refresh through seminars, trainings, and
DOES THIS FIT YOU?
Do NOT always act your age
Forgiven much / loves much
Developer not just a Doer Refresher & recruiter
Sense of humor
Realist not Idealist about family life