• Pursue strategic partnerships and relationships with community groups, organizations, businesses, associations, etc. through the use of the Christian Life Center for the purpose of reaching unchurched families and individuals for Christ.
• Plan, develop, and conduct a comprehensive recreation and sports ministry.
• Maintain and oversee the daily operations of the Christian Life Center.
• Coordinate the schedule of activities for the Community Engagement and Activities Ministries with the church calendar.
• Coordinate the sports ministries of First Baptist Church of Owensboro, including leagues and sports mission opportunities.
• Manage the budget related to the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Hire, train, supervise, and schedule Ministry Assistants as approved by the Church Business Administrator and Personnel Committee for the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Supervise the inventory, maintenance, care, repair, and storage of all ministry-related equipment in the Christian Life Center.
• Recruit, train, equip, develop, and schedule volunteers to assist in the assigned areas of responsibility.
• Identify prospects through the Community Engagement and Activities Ministries and assist the prospects in connecting to the church.
• Reflect the love of Christ.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
• Love of Christ and demonstrated relationship with Him through prayer, worship, and study.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e Christian Ministry, Recreation and Sports Ministry) and/or previous experience in community engagement and recreation and sports ministry. Seminary education preferred.
• Enthusiastic, creative, and well-organized.
• Ability to communicate effectively with church family, guests, and staff.
• Flexibility in scheduling to work some nights and weekends.
• Ability to handle conflict and make decisions on short notice when necessary.
• Ability to pass a background check.